Tannus tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Away from philosophising here is a real expereince..
http://grumpycyclistuk.com/author/grumpycyclistuk/

It is worth noting that when I went back to a road bike I had similar problems to him, hardly been able to use my brakes because of pain.
That subsided, so old bones like his might soon get used to that likely harsher Tannus ride.

Other comments also suggest you reduce cornering speed by about 30% but if the main market is commuting I doubt that matters.

Last edited:
Away from philosophising here is a real expereince..
http://grumpycyclistuk.com/author/grumpycyclistuk/

It is worth noting that when I went back to a road bike I had similar problems to him, hardly been able to use my brakes because of pain.
That subsided, so old bones like his might soon get used to that likely harsher Tannus ride.

Other comments also suggest you reduce cornering speed by about 30% but if the main market is commuting I doubt that matters.
That was a pile of horse crap. I demand my 5 minutes back.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Bromptons are used almost exclusively for commuting by most owners, so it's all stop-start riding and thus lots of braking. That said, riding style makes a huge difference: anticipate and brake gently and you'll get 2000 miles; do an emergency stop at every set of lights and you'll kill them in 500.
Isn't that the best excuse ever for a disc braked Brompton then?

brand

@Andrew_Culture
Found the ones I bought years ago (at least 12 years) took an astonishing amount of time to get on.
My main problem was noise and cornering. You never said how you found them on either?

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
@Andrew_Culture
Found the ones I bought years ago (at least 12 years) took an astonishing amount of time to get on.
My main problem was noise and cornering. You never said how you found them on either?

Until I saw your post I hadn't even considered noise, which I guess it's no issue. Ditto cornering.

Materials have changed a lot in the last decade, I'd say these Tannus were 85% ideal, which is good odds!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Another update... Nothing unusual to report.

Top Bottom