tapiriik - how to sync Garmin, Strava, Endomondo et all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin McNeely

I used this again on Monday and yesterday,still didn't work. Although it did work last week. I ended up plugging my 810 into my laptop this morning to upload my rides. Disappointed but I'll keep trying, maybe it's expanding and there struggling to cope, so far donation has been a waste but it works for others.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I used this again on Monday and yesterday,still didn't work. Although it did work last week. I ended up plugging my 810 into my laptop this morning to upload my rides. Disappointed but I'll keep trying, maybe it's expanding and there struggling to cope, so far donation has been a waste but it works for others.
how much did you donate - i've had a few emails from the creator in the past few days and he's had problems with strava update - but its definately getting better

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Apparently Endomondo sync is in the works. As soon as that is there I'll definitely be donating a couple of quid.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I've looked into this some more and I've discovered that you can sync from your Edge 510* to your mobile device (iPhone, iPad etc) using the Wahoo Fitness app, which in turn will sync with Garmin Connect, Strava, RunKeeper, MyFitnessPal etc.

OK, I now have a working Edge 510 and it turns out I was wrong on this. And having read the DC Rainmaker review of the 510, I think I understand why...

In theory, it should be possible. The 510* connects to the iPhone to upload rides using Bluetooth, but the hardware in the unit only allows it to use Bluetooth 2.1, rather than the SMART-compatible Bluetooth 4.0, which is what Wahoo use in their devices. And what everyone else is using. It's becoming the de facto standard.

But Garmin's policy is to deprecate Bluetooth - for the simple reason that they own ANT+ so want to promote that instead. Commercially speaking, this is suicidal. Bluetooth is obviously the way forward. I chose a Garmin because I am a self-confessed Garmin fanboy, but this is the sort of thing that may put even me off choosing a Garmin next time.

Until then, I guess I'll have to rely on tapiriik.

Apart from that, initial impressions of the 510 are very favourable. For anyone who has a 500 already, it's probably not enough of an improvement to be worth considering an upgrade, but I'm a newcomer to this game and it seems to suit my needs very well.

*also the Edge 810, FR220 and FR620

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
I'm getting a Garmin 210 soon.

Looking at the service compared to SyncMetrics.

SyncMetrics seems to be free and overs more services over Tapiriik. Is there something I'm missing?

clexell

Has anyone else been having problems with tapiriik lately? It's got so unreliable for me that I've reverted to syncing manually.
Same here. I started using it a month ago and my 510 would upload to garmin connect and tapiriik would sync to Strava. Now, nothing.

D

Deleted member 18052

I subscribed last night, has been working fine on a manual sync - though the waiting times have been quite long (Queueing 27hrs remaining) hence why I decided to subscribe

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Someone pointed out to me the other day that Strava now syncs with MyFitnessPal, which means I can dispense with RunKeeper (I was only using as a go-between to sync Garmin Connect and MFP), but I've just discovered that Garmin Connect can now sync directly with MFP, which is even better. Hurrah!

Now, if only Garmin Connect would sync with Strava, I could dispense with Tapiriik altogether...

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
Why do you use Garmin connect?

Do you have friends on there or does it offer better stats?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Tapiriik seems to be working again now, and what's more, it now syncs with Endomondo (maybe the downtime was to do with implementing that).

Why do you use Garmin connect?

I have Garmin devices (FR405CX and Edge 510). The benefit of Tapiriik is being able to sync the data from Garmin Connect to other sites (eg Strava) without having to upload them manually.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Tapiriik seems to be working again now, and what's more, it now syncs with Endomondo (maybe the downtime was to do with implementing that).

I have Garmin devices (FR405CX and Edge 510). The benefit of Tapiriik is being able to sync the data from Garmin Connect to other sites (eg Strava) without having to upload them manually.

Great news! I'm now off to have another look.

DRHysted

Guru
Someone pointed out to me the other day that Strava now syncs with MyFitnessPal, which means I can dispense with RunKeeper (I was only using as a go-between to sync Garmin Connect and MFP), but I've just discovered that Garmin Connect can now sync directly with MFP, which is even better. Hurrah!

Now, if only Garmin Connect would sync with Strava, I could dispense with Tapiriik altogether...

Strava now syncs with Garmin Connect directly, On stava go to upload, click garmin connect, and follow instructions from there.

Top Bottom