Tassimo coffee machine problems/solutions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
In case others have a similar problem.
I clean the parts regularly.
Recently the pods seem to 'explode' right at the end of the cycle. A very audible noise and coffee grounds spread around.
I googled it and found the problem quite common.
I phoned the company. The lady was very pleasant and took me through the steps to do a descale.
I couldn't see how that could possibly help but did it.
This morning........a perfect mug of coffee^_^
Hope it helps someone.

si_c

Guru
Get an aeropress - perfect coffee every time :whistle:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
We've a Tassimo which was a gift. It gets used rarely because the nearest pod disposal bin is about 35 miles away, in a neighbouring county, on the way to Naff Hall, without good cycle routes.

So the Moka pot and the Hario v60 get far more use.

(Edited because damn you autocorrect. Suffolk is another county not country even if it is populated by aliens)

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've had one of these for 15+yrs great bit of kit

1601546928162.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our pod machine is used for a quick coffee in between meetings - first thing in the morning is the Moka pot, but that 5 minutes between on-line meetings, you can't beat the pod machine. Unfortunately, Dolce Gusto don't do re-cycling, but we do have set of 're-useable' pods.

Never de-scaled ours as we are in a soft water area. I find 'third party' pods most likely to 'explode'.

mjr

Unfortunately, Dolce Gusto don't do re-cycling, but we do have set of 're-useable' pods.

Never de-scaled ours as we are in a soft water area. I find 'third party' pods most likely to 'explode'.
Dolce Gusto (soft taste?) is coffee squash, isn't it?

And there aren't many Tassimo third party pods because of the patented barcoded programme on the labels, as I understand it. So it's real ground coffee but £4 for 8 in some varieties and a shoot ton of plastic waste.

mjr

View attachment 550096 View attachment 550097 Works for me, I can't tell the difference myself
Loss of taste is a symptom to worry about at the minute, you know?

isn't tassimo a massive rip off? Price wise? With a limited choice. A bog standard espresso machine where you use ground coffee from any company is a better deal...by far. All you are gaining is not pressing down on the coffee in it to the pods.

PS Morrison's molten magma was half price last week £1.50. Strength 6. The full range is half price. I have a triple shot cappuccino for breakfast. Great start to the day.

Top Bottom