England : Bristol Tasty Cheddar Audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Any CC'ers riding the Tasty Cheddar Audax this year.
Saturday October 4th from Bristol.

Flat first 50km before the climbs of Cheddar Gorge, Hinton Blewitt & Dundry.

Always a popular event so enter early !

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I was considering entering this as my first audax, but I don't like the routing along the narrow dirt path up the Avon Gorge.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
That's shortening the course, isn't it? ;)

What's your experience of the A369 on Saturday mornings? I use it in rush hour to get from the bridge road to Beggar Bush Lane, and traffic can be pretty hairy.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
That's shortening the course, isn't it? ;)

What's your experience of the A369 on Saturday mornings? I use it in rush hour to get from the bridge road to Beggar Bush Lane, and traffic can be pretty hairy.

I've used it on previous years & it's not too bad.
Another ( & longer ) alternative is to use the Portway cycle path & cross the Avonmouth bridge !

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
I usually avoid the Pill track & use the A369 rejoining the route in Easton in Gordano.

I'm on it, it'll prob be the last one until the jack and grace 100 in January again.

What's all this talk of a dirt track, eeeek, am I gonna need my mtb?

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak