England : Bristol Tasty Cheddar Audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The council gave the Pill-Ashton track a bit of TLC for Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride this summer, and I remember thinking it would be OK/bearable on a road bike, plenty of road bikes on it for that ride.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Just rode it on a MTB & yes it is okay at the moment but any rain in the week before the event and it could be challenging in a few places on a 'road' bike !!!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
thought about entering this again, but it's a bit of a trek from my end of Devon. Have done it once before and enjoyed it - the pub at the top of the Hinton Blewitt climb is lovely (once you've got your breath back). The Pill track was ok that year, bit squidgy in parts, but I managed ok on 25mm tyres and am a total wuss when it comes to anything vaguely muddy and offroady. Hope everyone has a good day out.

U

User482

Just rode it on a MTB & yes it is okay at the moment but any rain in the week before the event and it could be challenging in a few places on a 'road' bike !!!

Latest update is that the path is in good condition and dry, but the gravel is quite loose in places, so care will be needed if on road tyres.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I'll be there - whatever the weather.

Happy to join in a CC mini-group.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Yes, and a family illness also looking iffy for me :sad: I may need to be at home to care for someone.

I may have to do the route another day.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Looks like a wet start, but should dry out.

I'm planning to take the Portway-Avonmouth bridge diversion route, as suggested by the organizer.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I'm home after a nice day out. Ended up doing most of the route alone, as I decided to try and beat the crowds to the first control, thereby avoiding standing in a queue in the poor weather. The rain cleared as I left Clevedon, and got better as the day went on - finished in sunshine! In the audax spirit (and because I did not know the severity of the climbs in the latter stages) I rode around without really pushing the pace, finishing well within the stated time limits. Strava is here.

A pretty enjoyable experience - I expect it will not be my last audax.

Top Bottom