Tattoo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redddraggon

Blondie
gb155 said:
who thinks Livestong would be a good idea?

Permanently marking your body as a Pharmstrong fan? I think not.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
redddraggon said:
Permanently marking your body as a Pharmstrong fan? I think not.

I knew this would devide people, but look at it from my poin, I was 40 stone, searching for a hero, at 35 stone and the first time I cycled I found the Armstrong story and the rest is as they say history.

redddraggon

Blondie
Fixed ;)

gb155 said:
I found the Armstrong fairystory

I think if you do some research on the fella you'll find he's one of the most (if not the most) odius characters in the peloton.

Do you work in Manchester city centre? I can lend you the "Lance to Landis" book if you want?

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
When you get your first tat you love it and really really want to get more - could be worth waiting a few weeks or months to see if you fel the sameas there's no rush is there? As for what to get then get what you want - who cares what everyone else things - JUST GET THE SPELLING RIGHT! It's LIVESTRONG not
Livestong
;)

wafflycat

WAIT!

Wait until your first one has healed properly. Then get used to having it. Then decide on whether you really want another one done or not.

Personally, I wouldn't have the name of *any* person as a tatt.

In respect of Armstrong - apart from the above - if you get a PERMANENT tatt of his name, how might you feel if at some point in the future you find out your hero has feet of clay?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
redddraggon said:
Fixed :smile:

I think if you do some research on the fella you'll find he's one of the most (if not the most) odius characters in the peloton.

Do you work in Manchester city centre? I can lend you the "Lance to Landis" book if you want?

Just out of the city centre, to be fair Landis hasnt done himself any favours but I take what your saying, my next Tattoo has to be cycling related tho.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
kfinlay said:
When you get your first tat you love it and really really want to get more - could be worth waiting a few weeks or months to see if you fel the sameas there's no rush is there? As for what to get then get what you want - who cares what everyone else things - JUST GET THE SPELLING RIGHT! It's LIVESTRONG not :smile:

Its gonna be 6-8 weeks before I get chance anyway :biggrin:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
wafflycat said:
WAIT!

Wait until your first one has healed properly. Then get used to having it. Then decide on whether you really want another one done or not.

Personally, I wouldn't have the name of *any* person as a tatt.

In respect of Armstrong - apart from the above - if you get a PERMANENT tatt of his name, how might you feel if at some point in the future you find out your hero has feet of clay?

Another Lance fan ?

I take your point but I do want something cycling related

Coco

gb155 said:
Just out of the city centre, to be fair Landis hasnt done himself any favours but I take what your saying, my next Tattoo has to be cycling related tho.

What about Shimano... :smile:

Debian

What is it with Tattoos? Not that many years ago they were, what would now be called, a chav thing.

Personally I think they're horrible, except maybe a small, discrete tasteful motif of some sort. When I see people covered in tattoos, I just think, yuk!!

Just wear a livestrong t-shirt or something.

wafflycat

gb155 said:
Another Lance fan ?

I take your point but I do want something cycling related

Whether I'm a Lance fan or not has nothing to do with it. As I said in my original post I wouldn't get anyone's name tattooed. To give another example, Cheryl Cole had 'Mrs Cole' tattooed on the nape of her neck shortly after her marriage to some overpaid primadonna who runs round a field attempting to chase a ball: a bit stupid of her considering her impending divorce!

Top Bottom