Taylor Landscaping - Runovers and assault Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

More bad news:

'Ship Your Enemies Glitter' founder sells company after begging users to 'stop'
Mathew Carpenter’s creation is up for auction as he pleads with potential customers to ‘stop buying this horrible product’

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/16/ship-your-enemies-glitter-founder-sells-company

Last edited by a moderator:

Sara_H

Guru
The cyclist does not want to Press charges.

Isnt this the exact type of incident that people go out and buy GoPros to protect themselves against?

This cyclist isnt one of these Wannabee be policemen riding round shouting out registration numbers, he has a genuine grievance and has it all on film and is going to do nothing about.

Whats the point?
Maybe he's frightened of reprisals?
The man who deliberately ran me over has a history of violent offences and now I've put him in prison. I can't say it hasn't occurred to me that he won't knobble me and/or my family when he gets out.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The man who deliberately ran me over has a history of violent offences and now I've put him in prison. I can't say it hasn't occurred to me that he won't knobble me and/or my family when he gets out.
Quite. There seem to be an awful lot of people attacking (literally) the driver from the safety and anonymity of their own homes. Have they thought about the possible repercussions to the cyclist? Probably not, it's all just a bit of fun bullying the bully.

Still, the cyclist stirred up a hornets nest by provoking the driver in the first place, and then stirred up another one by publishing the video! There's a lesson here...

D

Deleted member 26715

I was completely god smacked when this happened.you think you know someone...
Adrian you really must try harder if you want to belittle people up on their spelling, you need to get the corrected spelling right.
The term is "gob smacked", 2/10 for effort, sort of backfired on you this one didn't it?
Instead of belittling somebody else to get your gratification you have fallen victim yourself, I too have now unfortunately sunken to your depths.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

You were brave and conscientious enough to follow it through. I dunno if it's the same here. It's possible the rider's afraid of repercussions from Mr Punchy, I think it's more likely the coruscating laser beam of media attention has scared him. Once the media get hold of it rival papers vie for a spoiler, I dunno, something like:

"Now it turns out complaining cyclist is a SHOPLIFTER.

The cycling world was rocked to its foundations today after road rage cyclist Edward Lager was revealed to have STOLEN a Kit Kat from the school tuck shop in 1984. The cyclist had no comment as he left his £180,000 house"

Who wants that sort of attention?

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I saw this clip on FB the other day ...its all been said here but i'll add my 2p worth anyway.....the driver should be locked up and given a lifetime ban in my opinion. Serious loser and lowlife.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Sad thing is that a lot of nasty undesirables Do hawk their trade via paving landscaping and tree services.
I've been involved in the hard landscaping business since 84,building sites, car parks, roads and council property contracts plus the MOD RAF camps and for the last few years I just do private work
top tip ,if the van is covered in sign writing offering all services from trees to tarmac and only a mobile number and maybe a 0800 its most likely to be a nightmare in waiting if you choose to employ them after they knock on your door, they will be sporting a high viz and an amaizingly good deal if you let them start tomorrow or now?.
these are the ones who terorise and relieve our elderly of there hard earned savings..and they will always get the greedy silly people who Dont get at least 3 quotes IN writing first..

If I leave a sign on a finished paving job you can almost guarantee some door knockers will claim its a job they just finished, were in the area so we'll do a cheap price for you...

as for the cyclist not pressing charges ,he may well have saved himself from a hate campaign but he sure has caused a stir.
hopefully the driver is prosecuted for his actions..

In this case (and similar) I think the hit on the Company's income is an effective punishment!

Consequential penalties can be like that... I had a BMW with "Prat Plates" perform a bad overtake, and complained....... part of the outcome was to remove the plates and replace them with a standard set

Given the cost of buying a specific plate, having it made, then having a second plate made that totally destroys the benefit of a plate that needs a contrived spacing to work is far more than a fixed penalty would have been..... worked for me

U

User6179

if the van is covered in sign writing offering all services from trees to tarmac and only a mobile number and maybe a 0800 its most likely to be a nightmare in waiting

I agree , you want a local number and another good tip is look up company house website to see if they are up to date with tax, I am looking for roofers for my parents house just now and 2 of the companies I looked up are liquidated but still trading , I have found another couple for quotes and both are a family run business with the companies registered to the family house , a good sign imo .

I agree , you want a local number and another good tip is look up company house website to see if they are up to date with tax, I am looking for roofers for my parents house just now and 2 of the companies I looked up are liquidated but still trading , I have found another couple for quotes and both are a family run business with the companies registered to the family house , a good sign imo .

You could also try one of the "Safe Trader" sites

... a bit like the ones that have now removed this company!

Levo-Lon

Guru

yes that's the way to decrease risk..dont pay cash and dont pay a deposit..I dont ask for one.
ask for references,if possible check the references by talking to his customers,again its expected and a good reference gets the work in..

im not totally in agreement with the Trust our traders type companies,they charge a lot and you only need to get a few people to say "he done a good job for us" they do check criminality and weather or not theres ccj and liquidation risks I believe.
best recomendation you can have is a friend who recommends a trader..

Top Bottom