TdF Stage 14 SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yello

Cav looking the wrong side though?

Will1985

Über Member
Bad news - Cav has been stripped of his finishing points at the moment. It looks like he held his line...he wouldn't have been able to move much further left without bashing his teammate anyway.

With an 18pt deficit it looks like the green jersey is wrapped up for Hushovd unless he crashes. There is no way Cav could hold it in a breakaway and get the necessary intermediate points.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Whilst I've not heard that yet it seems to be reflected in the points table shown.

I've seen FAR scrappier/worse finishes than that, not quite sure what Cavendish did that was wrong. I've seen worse from McEwan at any rate!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
certainly not a patch on Sean Kelly's 'incident dubieuse' (sp?) which saw his rival hit fence and go about fifteen feet in the air. Then again, Cav has hardly been trowelling on the charm, has he? Perhaps the lesson for next time is to be nicer to the locals.

Young Un

I have just watch the ITV4 highlights and they showed a great shot of the sprint finish from the helicopter camera, which clearly shows that Cavendish did hold his line, and that it was the road narrowing that caused Hushovd to almost hit the barriers. Cav shouldn't have been striped of his points in my opinion. The commisaire aswell has said that he will not accept any appeals from Columbia as his decision was final, which, for me, made me want to stand up and punch the guy in the face. Cav must be very pissed off right now!

Bigtwin

it really did seem from the overhead shot that Cav didn't move laterally at all.

I have a feeling that something will be done overnight on this one - it certainly should be.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
The head on view looks like Cav saw Thor and then drifted into his line tbh

But what was Cav doing? looking left then right. Since when did anyone sprinting for the win (or points) start looking left and right to see who is coming?!!!
He messed up

montage

God Almighty
I am dissappointed in Cav.

He should be walking all over the other sprinters....and should have no problem holding onto green at all... he is by far the best sprinter out there.

Pull your finger out cav

buggi

Bird Saviour
i think basically Cav just sat back at the end, he didn't try to sprint and although i don't think he "drifted" into Hushovd's line, he certainly didn't help by just sitting there looking around, and kind of held him back. To be honest, i don't like Cav's attitude, he's a brilliant sprinter but my god does he know it and with a cocky attitute like that he's only gonna piss off other riders. he needed this to bring him back down to earth a little.

can someone please tell me why Hincapie was slagging off Astana to the camera's after. he implied it was their fault he didn't get the jersey and gave the "if that's the way they wanna play it" remarks. why is this? what tacticis were Astana employing to stop him getting the yellow?

Top Bottom