TDY 2015 sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladesman73

Über Member
Good man! Cost me 50 quid, hope its worth it. My mate lives near hebden bridge and says the goose eye is a right bstard!

MikeW-71

Veteran

I'm going for the 108km which is likely to be one of the hardest rides I've ever done. There's a few others from here signed up too.

bladesman73

Über Member
Good luck. Signed up for the 140k. I live in essex, closest we get to a hill is the speedbump across the road from my house..what prep!

I was going to but got scared off by some recent knee niggles. Not sure I could handle the pace at the minute - it seems a bit too intense to do as a first sportive. So instead me and a mate are going to watch the riders come into York on the Saturday and then set off early Sunday morning to ride the York-Sheffield Tour de France stage 2 route.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I've signed up for the 108k rote but looking at some of the hills i may regret it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hmm - there is a cut-off speed of 19 kph on the medium route ... I know that isn't exactly quick, but I have only been averaging 16-17 kph on similar local routes recently. I had better get stuck in over the next few weeks or I will be risking an appointment with the broom wagon! Somehow, I don't think I will be stopping at the feed stations or to take photographs ... :whistle:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Indeed, I don't think I'll be in danger of being that slow, but looking at the course, I'm suddenly not quite so sure!

I will be wanting to start early and won't be hanging around too long at the feed stops I suspect. I really, really need to get stuck in now or it's going to be hell.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just did a 36 km ride over similar local hills and only managed 16 kph ... I am going to have to make big improvements to my fitness in only 5 weeks to do 3 times the distance 3 kph faster! :ohmy:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well I too was daft enough to sign up for the 142km or in real money 88 miles and 8400 feet to climb. Only discovered this today when I got the GPX files.

I'm not sure I can do it though did manage 60 miles and 5000 feet on Sunday which has encouraged me. That took 4 hours 10 minutes ride time plus 55 minutes of cafe stop, puncture and going back to look for a lost friend!!

I'm sure the entry form asked for estimated ride time by the entrant. I chose 8 hours. As this was one of the options on the form I guess I can't be swept up before then!!

Today I sent an email asking for a 6.30 start.

Last edited:
Top Bottom