TDY 2015 sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
At least I have some time left of my holiday to get some solid miles in, and it's getting warmer again. All I want to do is complete the course, so I reckon if I take the first have very easy, I should be OK.

I still want to get in at least one 50 miler over the next 7 days though, with hills.
Pop down for 'Spring Into The Dales' a week tomorrow? (Very hilly, great scenery, about 70 miles in length, with lots of cake and sandwiches at the finish!)

MikeW-71

Veteran
Tempting, but I'll be working :sad:

bladesman73

Über Member
Well all the prep ive done for past few months is becoming worthless since ive had a cold and sinus infection for past 5 days..cant train, do any real exercise..less than a month to go as well

MikeW-71

Veteran
Bummer :sad: That's the last thing I would want at this point.

I'm not doing too bad now, I feel much better about it after yesterdays MTB outing. I should get round the course.

Time is irrelevent to me, as long as I'm in front of the broom wagon :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
READ THIS!

If you do not get the event pack posted to you then you will have to register in Leeds the day before the event. This is clearly not convenient for many people who might be travelling up the evening before, or even early on the day itself.

If you did not ask for the pack to be posted when you entered the event, you only have about a week to do so! It costs an extra £2.50. (That is £50 it has cost me now, which is a bit steep for the privilege of riding my local roads, but my cousin is coming down from Scotland and it would have been a poor show not to have joined him!)

You should have had an email yesterday explaining this, but you might not have read it!

MikeW-71

Veteran
Yep, I just paid for delivery of the pack. I'll be travelling down and staying overnight, but I can't guarantee getting the saturday off work.

Meanwhile I have planned a 55 mile route tommorrow with climbing. Like the event, I've stuck a tough (for me) hill in at 10 miles to go. Don't have much more time left to make improvements though.

bladesman73

Über Member
READ THIS!

If you do not get the event pack posted to you then you will have to register in Leeds the day before the event. This is clearly not convenient for many people who might be travelling up the evening before, or even early on the day itself.

If you did not ask for the pack to be posted when you entered the event, you only have about a week to do so! It costs an extra £2.50. (That is £50 it has cost me now, which is a bit steep for the privilege of riding my local roads, but my cousin is coming down from Scotland and it would have been a poor show not to have joined him!)

You should have had an email yesterday explaining this, but you might not have read it!
Mate ive not had an email! Where did u get this info from?

MikeW-71

Veteran
In the email received yesterday.

In your first entry confirmation email there is a username and password for their site. Log in there and you can select postage of the pack.

"Haven't paid P&P, but changed your mind and would like your pack sent to you?
If you didn’t select the post my pack option when entering and wish to have you pack posted please click here to book your pack (click Enter Now at the top, then select the Rider Pack P&P entry type). The price to have your pack sent is £2.50. Please note - the deadline for pre ordering your pack is Monday 13th April."

bladesman73

Über Member
Funnt that,my name and my mates name is on their list of those who opted for pack.to be posted, neither of us rcvd an email!

Freds Dad

Veteran
Just arranged for mine to be sent home as I don't want a trip to Leeds the day before.
Its a bit naughty they have doen itn this way. They should have warned you about this when making the original booking.

Freds Dad

Veteran
It seems that you can be taken off route if you make the cut off time but fail to keep up with the pace. They should have people aware of this.

109km Route Cut Off
Cut off at Feedstation 3 between Addingham and Ilkley (70km into route)
: Slowest riders need to average a minimum of 19kph in order to reach cut off by 13:25
If you do not reach this last and final cut off by 13:25 you will be swept into the Shuttle Busses at Feedstation 3 and brought back to Roundhay. We need to ensure riders are able to finish the event in the given allocated time, owing to the need for the roads to be cleared in advance of the Pro Race coming through. Being swept at this feedstation will ensure that you are back in Rounhay to watch and cheer the Pro riders Finishing Stage 3 in Roundhay
**If you have passed the final cut off by 13:25, but fall behind the required average speed set for your event distance after such point, you will again be swept at a predetermined point and brought back to Roundhay. This is at the discretion of the Event Organisers on the day, and is for your safety **

bladesman73

Über Member
It seems that you can be taken off route if you make the cut off time but fail to keep up with the pace. They should have people aware of this.

109km Route Cut Off
Cut off at Feedstation 3 between Addingham and Ilkley (70km into route)
: Slowest riders need to average a minimum of 19kph in order to reach cut off by 13:25
If you do not reach this last and final cut off by 13:25 you will be swept into the Shuttle Busses at Feedstation 3 and brought back to Roundhay. We need to ensure riders are able to finish the event in the given allocated time, owing to the need for the roads to be cleared in advance of the Pro Race coming through. Being swept at this feedstation will ensure that you are back in Rounhay to watch and cheer the Pro riders Finishing Stage 3 in Roundhay
**If you have passed the final cut off by 13:25, but fall behind the required average speed set for your event distance after such point, you will again be swept at a predetermined point and brought back to Roundhay. This is at the discretion of the Event Organisers on the day, and is for your safety **
God help any of us if we get a puncture,unless u got a support car with spare wheel behind u :laugh::bicycle:

bladesman73

Über Member
My illness is finally subsiding. Took 7 days off exercise! However old faithful now needs a new bb fitted! Im jinxed :blush: At least i can start running again to get back to fitness. 3 bleeding weeks to go and i feel im 2 weeks behind.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Just given the bike a servicing and re-greasing before tommorrows ride, let's see how that goes. I have a 12-30 cassette on its way and a new chain ready to fit for it. I'm taking no chances LOL

At least my test today showed that a 105 derailleur will accept a 12-30 no problem, just an extra link in the chain needed I think.

Top Bottom