TDY 2015 sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The weather forecast for next week looks awful..i know its a long time away in forecasting terms but...
It will be bad enough getting wet and chilled, but what is really bothering me is that they are forecasting 17 mph headwinds for the outward leg of the ride, which would make the 12 mph (19 kph) target over the hills very hard indeed. They could be needing more broom wagons! :surrender:

lee1980sim

We can but just hope the weather changes over the next week, it usually does

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We can but just hope the weather changes over the next week, it usually does
The thing is ... they are usually pretty good at spotting stable weather patterns. Variable weather is, er, variable so it is easy for them to get it wrong a few days out.

They forecast the good weather that we have enjoyed for the past week about a week before.

They are now saying that the weather is going to be poor pretty much every day for the next week+ so I am inclined to believe them. Still, fingers crossed, eh!

Advice from Bernard Hinault on tackling the sportive includes this gem:

The Badger said:
Don’t start too fast: the route is long, and you will need to conserve energy for the second half of the Ride.

Great advice, except for the fact that you don't get to do the second half unless you start off fast to beat the cut-off! :laugh:

MikeW-71

Veteran
8.58 for me. Phew!

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone been checking the route out?
Anyone.jpg

Top Bottom