Tea? (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Campfire said:
What, you'll built it yourself? Impressive!

Only in the sense of building it up from a frame and bits, I haven't built the frame myself.

Helen, that food looks gorgeous and terribly healthy - just the sort of thing I could happily eat for ever, if someone else was preparing it...

I have been a minor domestic godess today, I did some bike maintenance (adjusting brakes, that 5 minute job that takes an hour and a half), then I made some almond slices (they are a touch on the crisp side, but not bad for a first effort) and had a friend round for tea.

By the way, I was thinking,the best way to get all those really stubborn bits of bike grease out of your fingernails, is to make pastry....:biggrin: Then blow me, I was listening to Gardener's Question Time and someone had written in with a top tip for getting your hands clean after gardening. Make bread....:biggrin:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Helen, that food looks gorgeous and terribly healthy - just the sort of thing I could happily eat for ever, if someone else was preparing it...

I'll have to see what sort of domestic goddess I can be tonight, if I ever get away from work:sad:. If you're ever near one of their shops in London you must go and press your nose against the window, even if you don't want to buy anything. The displays of meringues alone are amazing:tongue:.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Archie_tect said:
Almond Slice anyone?

I should point out (before I offer them round tomorrow) that I had actually washed my hands very well. But pastryis a great cleanser - I remember when we were little we'd play with the leftover scraps until they were grey and then make them in to jam turnovers which Mum or Dad would have to pretend were delicious...

I have visions of me now, with my nose pressed up against a window, drooling over meringues possibly in a sort of Victorian urchin costume...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Arch said:
I remember when we were little we'd play with the leftover scraps until they were grey and then make them in to jam turnovers which Mum or Dad would have to pretend were delicious....

:biggrin:
We used to make playdough using flour, vegetable oil and salt for our two. Seemed to have a housefull all making stuff... which then had to be 'cooked' and painted...Yum yum!

wafflycat

Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom