Tea? (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

:smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
*stashes Ordinary and WobbleBike behind sofa*

Evenings!!!!

Today I have been mostly encouraging the population of Haringey to ride silly bikes :smile:
OK, the recumbent wasn't particularly silly, but the sight of a penny-farthing on a BMX park made up for that.

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Hoik.

Morning all (just).

Tea all round. Was planning an early morning ride, but a bad back has put paid to that.

Might make some cakes instead.

Arch

Married to Night Train
andrew-the-tortoise said:

Ludicrous. Who puts demerara sugar in tea? That's for coffee.

After a 35 mile round trip to watch the ToB yesterday, I had a huge mixed salad supper, bursting with goodness.

So in the interests of balance, I had a sausage and egg butty for breakfast today!;)

I must have been a bit tired when I got in yesterday. I poured some lemon squash into a glass, reached into the fridge for the bottle of chilled tap water to dilute it with and had half filled the glass before I realised I had topped it up with milk....

Gromit

Über Member
Arch said:
Ludicrous. Who puts demerara sugar in tea? That's for coffee.

After a 35 mile round trip to watch the ToB yesterday, I had a huge mixed salad supper, bursting with goodness.

So in the interests of balance, I had a sausage and egg butty for breakfast today!;)

I must have been a bit tired when I got in yesterday. I poured some lemon squash into a glass, reached into the fridge for the bottle of chilled tap water to dilute it with and had half filled the glass before I realised I had topped it up with milk....

That's how my Uncle used to make milkshake. :angry:

Gromit

Über Member
Arch said:
But it curdled!xx( (Probably because of being lemon)

Yes I know, you had to pretend that it tasted nice. xx(

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I've had a lovely weekend with the York CC posse and done my best to boost the takings of a newly discovered teashop in Pocklington with two visits in two days. Would you like your tiffin topped with Mint Aero, Rolos or Maltesers?xx(.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Renard said:
Yum. Did you go to see the ToB?

Yes, we saw it in Pocklington than raced to York to see the finish. It was a great atmosphere with lots of cyclists milling around, but we saw very little of the race because they just whizz past.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Landslide said:
Always catch them on the hills, where you can get maximum enjoyment whilst they get maximum suffering.:evil:

Trouble is, we'd have had to get to the top of a hill too!;)

So, Helen, you went back to Pock on Sunday? Good call - although wasn't the weather different?! I walked up to campus and was actually cold, as opposed to baking the day before.

I'll put the kettle on. I'll try the Malteaser tiffin this time I think.:tongue:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Trouble is, we'd have had to get to the top of a hill too!:evil:

So, Helen, you went back to Pock on Sunday? Good call - although wasn't the weather different?! I walked up to campus and was actually cold, as opposed to baking the day before.

I'll put the kettle on. I'll try the Malteaser tiffin this time I think.;)

I had to cycle home on Sunday so Spandex rode with me as far as Pock and we had some lunch. That new route of yours seemed much shorter than looping up through Stamford Bridge, and probably even quicker as it cuts out the section across the fields. It was only a few miles more than going down the A1079. Of course route 66 passes the Balloon Tree though;):tongue:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom