Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What'd be a "reasonable length ride"?

Well the ahem, 'classic' answer would be "Twice as long as half its length" or similar but I tend to think about 40k plus is a nice starting length, it gives me a couple of hours on the bike and gets me into somewhere different. We live on a fairly small plateau surrounded by deep valleys, so any shorter and it isn't worth going down and up again.

The plan today was ca. 60k on my regular loop along several local valleys. well out of the city. I've done it before and will be able to do it again...

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Well the ahem, 'classic' answer would be "Twice as long as half its length" or similar but I tend to think about 40k plus is a nice starting length, it gives me a couple of hours on the bike and gets me into somewhere different. We live on a fairly small plateau surrounded by deep valleys, so any shorter and it isn't worth going down and up again.

The plan today was ca. 60k on my regular loop along several local valleys. well out of the city. I've done it before and will be able to do it again...
Around 37.282 - 40 mile then?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Around 37.282 - 40 mile then?
Remember that 40 miles was referred to as a'Mo' on this thread...
I cycled .55 of a Mo today....
shabby I know:blush:

Oh, I see our man has gone transatlantic:ohmy:
classic.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Morning. I do believe if the information on Faceache is correct, that it is young Mr Mhor's birthday today. Many happy returns. Hope that wind doesn't blow the candles out on your :birthday:

Still a bit gusty out there. These poor women at the Solheim Cup are going to have another tough day, although I think it might ease later hopefully.
giphy.gif

I thought I had it hidden too..

Thanks @Mo1959 :cheers:
Clickety Click today:blush:

I was out in the wind yesterday,
all seemed to be across me at time,
in the old cuttings it was worse but did the basic and as soon as I got home, the heavens opened...

Today, I might just laze^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning. I do believe if the information on Faceache is correct, that it is young Mr Mhor's birthday today. Many happy returns. Hope that wind doesn't blow the candles out on your :birthday:

Still a bit gusty out there. These poor women at the Solheim Cup are going to have another tough day, although I think it might ease later hopefully.
You've let the cat out Mo. You think you can outrun him?
Good morning.

The search for a good tea continues: as of yesterday your correspondent began trials of a new variety available locally and so far signs are promising.
And the tea?
View attachment 485208
I thought I had it hidden too..

Thanks @Mo1959 :cheers:
Clickety Click today:blush:

I was out in the wind yesterday,
all seemed to be across me at time,
in the old cuttings it was worse but did the basic and as soon as I got home, the heavens opened...

Today, I might just laze^_^
Why not, just today though. Fire extinguishers nearby I take it.

Morning??
Yorkshire-Lancashire.jpg

Top Bottom