Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning. I have to try and call a couple of potential employers today. Introverts nightmare.

Still, it means I can have a more leisurely cuppa this morning.
Just make certain you're not supping your cuppa straight after a call. They may phone you.
Morning :hello:
The rain is still with me and the wind:laugh:
Sun is splitting the rocks here.

Morning??

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
The quote function is/was built in to the site, not the keyboard.
Do they have special Yorkshire keyboards?:tongue::whistle:
Thought for today:
"one can't be angry when one looks at a Penguin" (John Ruskin)

Morning. I've managed to get a slightly later start to the 'training course' today on the basis I have to make a phone call. I still have to go down the hill afterwards but at least I don't have to spend quite as long in terminal boredom.

Call to possible employer didn't get through but the person in charge at the employment agency says I don't have to go in today... Not the ideal result but it saves climbing 200m latter so on balance I'm happy.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning :hello:

Life tip for you today....

start to fall out with family and friends in the next few weeks and save on Xmas expense:okay:
Owdo

Another life tip next week?
Morning. I've managed to get a slightly later start to the 'training course' today on the basis I have to make a phone call. I still have to go down the hill afterwards but at least I don't have to spend quite as long in terminal boredom.
Do you have to say who you spoke to, company wise. The same as over here?

Morning??
Ran Screaming.jpg

Do you have to say who you spoke to, company wise. The same as over here?
They'll keep you longer tomorrow/the next time you go!

Thankfully the rules are different here. The organisation is paid by the Employment Agency but they can and do use discretion: they take the attitude that I'm clearly trying my best, so making me sit in their computer room for a few hours isn't helping.

The potential employer is a few metres from their front door so I took a paper application yesterday while I was there, so they know that happened.

The curious thing is that the two organisations work together, meaning that if I did get a job I'd be working alongside the same people...

Top Bottom