Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Even the wrong way!

Potentially, although I wouldn't try it even on an empty road.

Slick

Guru
Owdo
Is it actually legal to bake bread on a Sunday? The Assize of Bread and Ale of 1266 makes it illegal over here.
On yer bike

After you've finished the cuppa, don't want you spilling any.

Morning??
View attachment 496609
I definitely need training then as I did go out and almost immediately regretted it as it started blowing a hooley and the rain came down in sheets. Kudos to the 3 different cyclists who passed me while I cowered in the bus shelter, especially the one who obviously passed your training with flying colours as he shouted at me to get on my bike.:eek:

It was easy for them with all that wind at their back. :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
I definitely need training then as I did go out and almost immediately regretted it as it started blowing a hooley and the rain came down in sheets. Kudos to the 3 different cyclists who passed me while I cowered in the bus shelter, especially the one who obviously passed your training with flying colours as he shouted at me to get on my bike.:eek:

It was easy for them with all that wind at their back. :okay:
Did the road rise to meet them as well?

You got out, that's the main thing.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Nothing but wind and rain here today, I feel like I'm now welded to this couch. :shy:

Forecast is better tomorrow so hopefully get a ride in to make up for my sedentary day.
I left the high part of Port Glasgow in howling snow last night and passed a lone cyclist sliding all over the place, the back of six. Madness even out as heavy rain most of the day ....

classic33

Leg End Member
I left the high part of Port Glasgow in howling snow last night and passed a lone cyclist sliding all over the place, the back of six. Madness even out as heavy rain most of the day ....
How high is the "high part of Port Glasgow"?

And why didn't you, or Mo(Chief Snow Watcher) say there was snow!!

Slick

Guru
[/QUOTE

How high is the "high part of Port Glasgow"?

And why didn't you, or Mo(Chief Snow Watcher) say there was snow!!

I knew someone was getting snow and I was just glad that it wasn't us.
It is pretty high, probably best judged when you have to cycle up from the lower part. :eek:

classic33

Leg End Member

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Slightly under 500ft ASL.
I should have stuck Strava on and looked at the pass thing, dunno if you read back the thread but we saw the snow falling and decided to abandon and head away while we could, we headed back this morning fearing the worst but only icy patches. Outside just now is icy but roads gritted so a safe escape tonight (I hope). Bad timing to move house:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Slightly under 500ft ASL.
I should have stuck Strava on and looked at the pass thing, dunno if you read back the thread but we saw the snow falling and decided to abandon and head away while we could, we headed back this morning fearing the worst but only icy patches. Outside just now is icy but roads gritted so a safe escape tonight (I hope). Bad timing to move house:laugh:
Could have been worse timing, you could have got stuck in it.

Top Bottom