Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was giving 18 minutes to dig out yer flares, tank tops..
oh, sorry that fashion hasn't appeared down yer way yet, 'tis all flat caps and trousers with a notch at the back of t'calf for yer whippet:laugh:
It arrives soon....
'ere, don't send your cast offs down this way, they're not needed.

Flares are summat you use to signal someone. Usually when you're in trouble. I've no need to use them yet.

Blue

Legendary Member
Boogie on down..
time for yer 22.00 disco classic...

I've put up the official video but the extended version with the Soul Train line is worth the watch.

I've seen all(almost) the Soul Train stuff on the YT and about to binge watch again....

Mrs B got up and danced like a dancing thing when I played that :girldance:- she was knackered but asked me to thank you when I told her why I played it.:okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
"Aye an' a bit of Mackeral settler rack and ruin
Ran it doon by the haim ma place.
Well I slapped me and I slapped it doon in the side and I cried, cried, cried

The fear a fallen down taken never back the raize
And then Craig Marion, get out wi' ye Claymore out mi pocket a' ran doon, Doon the middin stain picking the fiery horde that was fallen
Around ma feet.
Never he cried, never shall it ye get me alive
Ye rotten hound of the burnie crew.
Well I snatched fer the blade.
O my Claymore cut and thrust and
I fell doon before him round his feet.

Aye! A roar he cried frae the bottom of his heart
That I would nay fall but as dead, dead as a can be by his feet;
Ee ya ken?...and the wind cried back.

[In English] "Thank you." "

"Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict"

Aye an' a bit of Mackeral settler rack and ruin
ran it doon by the haim, 'ma place
well I slapped me and I slapped it doon in the side
and I cried, cried, cried.

The fear a fallen down taken never back the raize and then Craig Marion,
get out wi' ye Claymore out mi pocket a' ran doon, doon the middin stain
picking the fiery horde that was fallen around ma feet.
Never he cried, never shall it ye get me alive
ye rotten hound of the burnie crew. Well I snatched fer the blade O my
Claymore cut and thrust and I fell doon before him round his feet.

Aye! A roar he cried frae the bottom of his heart that I would nay fall
but as dead, dead as 'a can be by his feet; de ya ken?

And the wind cried Mary.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Good morning,pop pickers:hello:

Here Bobby, this is a track from my favourite PF album. I can catch most of the lyrics from 3:39 onwards, but would love to have them all. Can you catch all of them? The accent is too thick for me in places.

View: https://youtu.be/ICbbPSXUAmY

There you go, Mr C has found them, dabbled a bit in early PF but Yes were my guilty secret in the 70s and later. I tend to find that most bands have only so many good albums in them and can produce some dire stuff as they go on. Bowie kept it fresh for me.

Memories of the time when I met Mrs M:laugh:
Enjoy, I kept it simple, none of yon wacky stuff they called fashion in those days...
I do admit to a blue velvet jacket in the later part of the 70s, someone else’s choice, honest:ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning,pop pickers:hello:

There you go, Mr C has found them, dabbled a bit in early PF but Yes were my guilty secret in the 70s and later. I tend to find that most bands have only so many good albums in them and can produce some dire stuff as they go on. Bowie kept it fresh for me.

Memories of the time when I met Mrs M:laugh:
Enjoy, I kept it simple, none of yon wacky stuff they called fashion in those days...
I do admit to a blue velvet jacket in the later part of the 70s, someone else’s choice, honest:ohmy:

Owdo
Rain round your part this fine morn?

You reliving your rebellious teenage years I take it. If so, how about

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QptZ8tYZAkE

Morning??

Blue

Legendary Member
G'day all:okay:

Thanks for the effort on the song lyrics Classic; though I've yet to find an on-line translation that I felt was good. I recall trying my own translation about 40 years ago so if I come across it in my papers I may have another go - just for fun. My curiosity was piqued again recently when I came across a YouTube track where someone had slowed the track down and the source of the noises could be identified but I still couldn't hear all the lyrics because the spoken word was obviously recorded at a different speed to the backing track.

Oh well, back to the present time!

classic33

Leg End Member
G'day all:okay:

Thanks for the effort on the song lyrics Classic; though I've yet to find an on-line translation that I felt was good. I recall trying my own translation about 40 years ago so if I come across it in my papers I may have another go - just for fun. My curiosity was piqued again recently when I came across a YouTube track where someone had slowed the track down and the source of the noises could be identified but I still couldn't hear all the lyrics because the spoken word was obviously recorded at a different speed to the backing track.

Oh well, back to the present time!
Ayup

They not the right ones then?

Top Bottom