Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Well, what a day.

The house we looked at this morning was as I expected, sound but a lot of work required. However, Mrs B hated it because she couldn't get her head round the updating element; so it looked like a non starter.

HOWEVER.......... the people who viewed ours wanted it and offered asking price so long as we took ours off the market - this I agreed and it's deal done. Our estate agent is also handling the sale of the original property we wanted and we have just gone back to sale agreed there too. We are so excited and happy :dance::dance:

We got an extra couple of grand for ours so that will go some way to dealing with a few wee issues raised by the surveyor. :becool:

Wow, what a roller coaster the last few weeks has been. The fact that we now have a Residents Association that has a constitution and insurance as well as an independent management company certainly helped. My heads melting after those last few weeks so it will be nice to breathe easy and relax. A wee glass or two tonight methinks.:cheers:

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, what a day.

The house we looked at this morning was as I expected, sound but a lot of work required. However, Mrs B hated it because she couldn't get her head round the updating element; so it looked like a non starter.

HOWEVER.......... the people who viewed ours wanted it and offered asking price so long as we took ours off the market - this I agreed and it's deal done. Our estate agent is also handling the sale of the original property we wanted and we have just gone back to sale agreed there too. We are so excited and happy :dance::dance:

We got an extra couple of grand for ours so that will go some way to dealing with a few wee issues raised by the surveyor. :becool:

Wow, what a roller coaster the last few weeks has been. The fact that we now have a Residents Association that has a constitution and insurance as well as an independent management company certainly helped. My heads melting after those last few weeks so it will be nice to breathe easy and relax. A wee glass or two tonight methinks.:cheers:
Maybe she knew something you didn't, in which case get her to pick a line in the lotteries this week.

You agree the sale of yours, went to view the other. 50/50 split on liking it, so it was a "No". Then you find out that the one you wanted in the first place could be yours, and you snatched it. Just think, if you'd said "Yes" to the one you viewed this afternoon.

Sit down, feet up, and relax on the floor for a job well done.

PS, you'll not be going back tonight I presume.

Blue

Legendary Member
Maybe she knew something you didn't, in which case get her to pick a line in the lotteries this week.

You agree the sale of yours, went to view the other. 50/50 split on liking it, so it was a "No". Then you find out that the one you wanted in the first place could be yours, and you snatched it. Just think, if you'd said "Yes" to the one you viewed this afternoon.

Sit down, feet up, and relax on the floor for a job well done.

PS, you'll not be going back tonight I presume.
Mrs B wants to do a drive past of our chosen place so we'll be going there tonight. I want to take a look too - we can do our night time walk to check out the local cats. Speaking of cats, we'll be looking at the local cattery to see if we like any of the local unwanted kittens as we will be looking to adopt a couple of kittens from the same litter.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Well, what a day.

:okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Mrs B wants to do a drive past of our chosen place so we'll be going there tonight. I want to take a look too - we can do our night time walk to check out the local cats. Speaking of cats, we'll be looking at the local cattery to see if we like any of the local unwanted kittens as we will be looking to adopt a couple of kittens from the same litter.
How you'd explain that if stopped I don't know.

You'll both be in striped tops, carrying bags marked SWAG I presume.

Blue

Legendary Member
How you'd explain that if stopped I don't know.

You'll both be in striped tops, carrying bags marked SWAG I presume.
No sign of the boys in blue.

One of the things I like about the area is that it feels like 'home'. When we viewed back in late June it felt the same when we were walking inside and outside the building. I do believe it will make a big difference to us both now and in the future - and all for the better.

It's been strange how it's kept coming back to us since we first saw it. Everyone has been saying "if it's for you it won't go past you" and it would seem like that's how it is. I just hope that everything goes smoothly this time - the signs are better so my fingers are crossed.🤞

classic33

Leg End Member
No sign of the boys in blue.

One of the things I like about the area is that it feels like 'home'. When we viewed back in late June it felt the same when we were walking inside and outside the building. I do believe it will make a big difference to us both now and in the future - and all for the better.

It's been strange how it's kept coming back to us since we first saw it. Everyone has been saying "if it's for you it won't go past you" and it would seem like that's how it is. I just hope that everything goes smoothly this time - the signs are better so my fingers are crossed.🤞
Here's hoping.

Especially after the other work you've put into all this

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm knackered after it all but I just keep my eye on the prize. Getting too old, I suppose, but it was useful that I had the knowledge and ability to get things sorted. I want an easier life so let's hope that things calm down.
You'll just have the paperwork* to sort out in the new house.

What colour(s) and pattern.
Maybe paint would be easier!

Blue

Legendary Member
You'll just have the paperwork* to sort out in the new house.

What colour(s) and pattern.
Maybe paint would be easier!
I prefer a painted wall but, you know, I may just have the decorators in to do that job.

In the past I loved painting and decorating. I can recall taking weeks off work and spending the time doing just that and finding the end result pleasing to the eye. A year or so ago I painted our 2nd bedroom as I needed a retreat from dementia nights. When the job was finished I stood back and thought "Lord, that's another skill that's bitten the dust"(or slightly less polite words to that general effect)!

classic33

Leg End Member
I prefer a painted wall but, you know, I may just have the decorators in to do that job.

In the past I loved painting and decorating. I can recall taking weeks off work and spending the time doing just that and finding the end result pleasing to the eye. A year or so ago I painted our 2nd bedroom as I needed a retreat from dementia nights. When the job was finished I stood back and thought "Lord, that's another skill that's bitten the dust"(or slightly less polite words to that general effect)!
You using fowl language!

Top Bottom