Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
@Blue I've an electric Bosch.. next model won't be..

Go and bile yer heid..

gently, of course..
Thanks for the heads up Bobby. I like that brand for kitchen white goods so may have just gone for a mower and hedge trimmer.

It's so long since I did any gardening and back in the day I just used basic manual clippers on my hedges and a petrol powered Honda for the grass. I'm thinking of going 'cordless' for both a hedge trimmer and a mower. I'm thinking items that use a common battery so that I can have two charged at any time - if that's possible. Plenty of time to think about it.

Blue

Legendary Member
Ride on lawnmower, how big is the garden in your property.

Avoid Qualcast by the way.
Small lawns back and front. High and thick conifer hedge that isn't too long at the front. A few shrubs front and back.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Thanks for the heads up Bobby. I like that brand for kitchen white goods so may have just gone for a mower and hedge trimmer.

It's so long since I did any gardening and back in the day I just used basic manual clippers on my hedges and a petrol powered Honda for the grass. I'm thinking of going 'cordless' for both a hedge trimmer and a mower. I'm thinking items that use a common battery so that I can have two charged at any time - if that's possible. Plenty of time to think about it.
I do have a Bosch electric hedge trimmer which to be honest is good but the grass machine only has three levels of cut plus finding the plastic parts have failed, the 'dead man' switch just gave up, I bought a replacement part and it lasted weeks? and the grip/handle just failed and broke off, I had used it by switching the machine on and off, a health and safety nono...
poor way of attaching machine handle to machine, I ended up drilling holes to secure small bolts.
Still it has been cutting for three seasons and has been kept in the dry and cleaned thoroughly after each use.
Bigger grass area now (not that big TBH) so maybe a look closely at how many cutting heights available..in another machine make.
Cordless? a great idea TBH.

Spoiler, almost 40 years using professional grass machinery in all disguises.
But what does an ex-council worker know:laugh:

Blue

Legendary Member
I do have a Bosch electric hedge trimmer which to be honest is good but the grass machine only has three levels of cut plus finding the plastic parts have failed, the 'dead man' switch just gave up, I bought a replacement part and it lasted weeks? and the grip/handle just failed and broke off, I had used it by switching the machine on and off, a health and safety nono...
poor way of attaching machine handle to machine, I ended up drilling holes to secure small bolts.
Still it has been cutting for three seasons and has been kept in the dry and cleaned thoroughly after each use.
Bigger grass area now (not that big TBH) so maybe a look closely at how many cutting heights available..in another machine make.
Cordless? a great idea TBH.

Spoiler, almost 40 years using professional grass machinery in all disguises.
But what does an ex-council worker know:laugh:
Don't run yourself down. That's all useful information.

As I used to say to people at work "Have the confidence of your competence".

classic33

Leg End Member
Back to the sheep and fencing off your porch, at the other end of the scale.

Then you might be able to claim set aside, when they've done the grass cutting.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I've just finished a cuppa, downstairs. And a Mars Duo!

You mean there's another type of grass, that you can grow!
Apparently, yes...

Wow, living the high life early AM, eh?
Windows Insider not suitable for rolling back..
not had much lately computer wise..
Reformatted hobby computer, t'other week..
This one, last evening until now but just a refresh, keep my files one...
add on router thingy gone wonky since Sunday...
Oh boy..
once the old Windows files delete and scans end, beddy baws^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Apparently, yes...

Wow, living the high life early AM, eh?
Windows Insider not suitable for rolling back..
not had much lately computer wise..
Reformatted hobby computer, t'other week..
This one, last evening until now but just a refresh, keep my files one...
add on router thingy gone wonky since Sunday...
Oh boy..
once the old Windows files delete and scans end, beddy baws^_^
I'll not enquire as to how you know.

You realise you could fall asleep waiting.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I'll not enquire as to how you know.

You realise you could fall asleep waiting.
Good morning:hello:
I see no troops assembled yet..
quite right, long lies all round :okay:
except for the usual party:whistle:

Up and running again, desktop ethernet thing has decided to work again..*shrug*
I've dumped free antivirii on both and giving windows defender a free rein along with Malwarebytes..

Must go, Beag wants a tower built so he can just break it, build, knock down repeat^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning:hello:
I see no troops assembled yet..
quite right, long lies all round :okay:
except for the usual party:whistle:

Up and running again, desktop ethernet thing has decided to work again..*shrug*
I've dumped free antivirii on both and giving windows defender a free rein along with Malwarebytes..

Must go, Beag wants a tower built so he can just break it, build, knock down repeat^_^

Top Bottom