Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Evening all:hello:
Owdo

Rounders or NFL?

Morning??
Thursday almost.jpg

Blue

Legendary Member
Ayup lad

No wind either?

They've closed the booze aisle!!
I thought we were meant to have the same restrictions.

You still choosing paint colours. One of each colour card from the local paint shop, because you could.

Morning??

We've had 8pm shutting of booze isles and offies for a few weeks now. I don't have any issues with the restrictions as they seem to be working. On WE 23/10 our rate per 100k was 371.7 for NI and 170.3 for my area. Those numbers went to 129.6 and 83.3 for the WE 25/11. As of today we have gone into a 2 week more restrictive lockdown. The crazy thing is that we had a 1 week opening of the economy between the ending of the last restrictions and the beginning of this 2 week restriction so we may get a spike around Xmas, just at the time when the whole UK is allowing mixing, instead of seeing those numbers getting driven right down :crazy:. To me, it's little wonder that, a few days ago, the Tánaiste was talking of restricting movement across the border - comments he had to put into reverse gear in the Dáil yesterday because of the sensitivity of the border issue.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thought the Northern Ireland Assembly had come to an agreement over border movements during this period. They didn't want it coming in via the Republic.

Booze aisles here are the target of non-paying customers. Not closed off though.

Ah well, someday they'll all sing from the same sheet. Maybe!

Blue

Legendary Member
Thought the Northern Ireland Assembly had come to an agreement over border movements during this period. They didn't want it coming in via the Republic.

Booze aisles here are the target of non-paying customers. Not closed off though.

Ah well, someday they'll all sing from the same sheet. Maybe!
Yeah, the CMO's have been talking and there was some sort of coordinated effort in border area's. The Republic have been doing better than us overall during this 2nd wave though.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Booze but no wind. Yet!

Do the still confiscate from stockpiler's?
Dunno, it never lasts that long..
jeez, folk must think I'm a drunk, Hic!

Blue

Legendary Member
Dunno, it never lasts that long..
jeez, folk must think I'm a drunk, Hic!
Over the last 12 months my average weekly booze intake has dropped to about 2 - 3 units, if that! Without karaoke I have little interest but I may make an exception over New Year and when we get completion on the bungalow :cheers:

Talking of the bungalow, I’ve an appointment with my solicitor for next week so hope to move things along.

classic33

Leg End Member
Over the last 12 months my average weekly booze intake has dropped to about 2 - 3 units, if that! Without karaoke I have little interest but I may make an exception over New Year and when we get completion on the bungalow :cheers:

Talking of the bungalow, I’ve an appointment with my solicitor for next week so hope to move things along.
Whilst completion would be a reason, and the New Year another, how would the neighbours react to you breaking out into song?

Especially the new neighbours, who may have no idea.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow

Years of staying clear for work next day and the fact I used a motorbike (latterly a sccoter) for getting me about, work etc.
I did enjoy the odd glass of Guinness, cider, beer, lager..
It depended what was on offer:laugh:

I have no commitments now so I enjoy myself..
Got some San Miguel today but must chill it to Spanish cold first:laugh:
and a bottle of Oirish rin tin tin:angel:

All the very best..
we moved in here on the 18th or was it 19th Dec last year and still had 13 around the Xmas table, not this year sadly:cry:
we were out for some shopping and did a wander on the way back whilst passing a couple of houses we'd looked at, must have a nosey on RightMove to see what they'd gone for:laugh:

Top Bottom