Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
His glasses had probably misted up and taken a bit of rain splatter for good measure :laugh:
And a tear in his eye, having made the effort to get there only to find his view spoilt.

Blue

Legendary Member
Been chatting to people and knocking a couple of items off the 'to do' list relating to the new property.

Overall things are going fairly well with the only tricky element being that 'Artex' plasterwork that may contain some low levels of asbestos. I got a couple of quotes for a survey and am in the process of getting another from someone more local to me that my Town Hall were able to identify. Both of the experts I spoke to said that the hessian lagging shouldn't contain any asbestos so it seems that may not be a worry. Also, apparently it's only 50:50 that the Artex will contain asbestos so I'll keep my fingers crossed for some luck there.

It's funny how things can be learned when working on such a 'to do' list. One of the points in the survey was that the attic has, or had, wasps in it and that should be investigated. When I spoke to environmental health at our town hall they advised that this wouldn't be an issue as any nest would be 'dead' by this time of year and wouldn't be reused in the future. Apparently the new queens fly off to form new colonies and any remaining wasps die. I was told that the chance of a new nest in the attic is 'most unlikely' and even if that does happen they will be able to advise on how to deal with it very easily. I was told that wasp nests are a 1 year thing and I never knew that to be the case.

classic33

Leg End Member
Been chatting to people and knocking a couple of items off the 'to do' list relating to the new property.

Overall things are going fairly well with the only tricky element being that 'Artex' plasterwork that may contain some low levels of asbestos. I got a couple of quotes for a survey and am in the process of getting another from someone more local to me that my Town Hall were able to identify. Both of the experts I spoke to said that the hessian lagging shouldn't contain any asbestos so it seems that may not be a worry. Also, apparently it's only 50:50 that the Artex will contain asbestos so I'll keep my fingers crossed for some luck there.

It's funny how things can be learned when working on such a 'to do' list. One of the points in the survey was that the attic has, or had, wasps in it and that should be investigated. When I spoke to environmental health at our town hall they advised that this wouldn't be an issue as any nest would be 'dead' by this time of year and wouldn't be reused in the future. Apparently the new queens fly off to form new colonies and any remaining wasps die. I was told that the chance of a new nest in the attic is 'most unlikely' and even if that does happen they will be able to advise on how to deal with it very easily. I was told that wasp nests are a 1 year thing and I never knew that to be the case.
Your Town Hall is open!

Blue

Legendary Member
Your Town Hall is open!
Well they were able to respond to an e-mail and phone call - where from is a different matter and I didn't ask. I suppose they could be operating from home but the website gives the impression that they are operating from the Town Hall. People can't just roll up to the place as usual though - visits by appointment only to do things like registrations.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well they were able to respond to an e-mail and phone call - where from is a different matter and I didn't ask. I suppose they could be operating from home but the website gives the impression that they are operating from the Town Hall. People can't just roll up to the place as usual though - visits by appointment only to do things like registrations.
No appointments here.
They closed the doors on the 16th March, this year. It's listed, so they've to keep it heated/ventilated.

Registrations office is now a mile & a half away from where it used to be, on a back alley.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Badoom tish:hello:

classic33

Leg End Member
Badoom tish:hello:
Owdo

You'll have the neighbours complaining, practicing on yer drumkit at that time of day.
'Morning :hello:

Dry, calm but grey day so far. Off to the Day Centre as soon as I can get Mrs B ready - never easy!
Owdo

After a clear night, what frost there was has gone. There's sunshine even(Doesn't happen every day)!!

Morning??
Every Day.jpg

Top Bottom