Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
When we talked to the neighbours and the estate agent we got dates that dotted the 1970's. One neighbour said his and ours were built about 40 years ago and he gets the prize! I suppose the problem was that the owner was in a nursing home so not available to give an accurate date
You'd have thought the estate agent would have known the age of the property.

Blue

Legendary Member
'Morning all :hello:

Still dark out but there's a promise of some sun later. At least we don't have a frost so getting the car up and running for the Day Centre won't be as difficult as I thought it would be last night, when it felt like a hard frost was about to go down.

The solicitor gave me the full Energy Performance Certificate for the bungalow yesterday and I'm busy reading that. I'm finding it quite useful as it lists improvements with their costs and annual savings as well as their impact on energy efficiency. It's good to see where money will be well spent.

classic33

Leg End Member
'Morning all :hello:

Still dark out but there's a promise of some sun later. At least we don't have a frost so getting the car up and running for the Day Centre won't be as difficult as I thought it would be last night, when it felt like a hard frost was about to go down.

The solicitor gave me the full Energy Performance Certificate for the bungalow yesterday and I'm busy reading that. I'm finding it quite useful as it lists improvements with their costs and annual savings as well as their impact on energy efficiency. It's good to see where money will be well spent.
Owdo

Doesn't your car have wheels, like most cars these days? Did they say how much later before the sun was due/likely to show.

Biggest money saver being shut the outside door?

Morning??
Its Friday.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Good whatever it is the now:hello:

Apparently you didn't according to this
View attachment 561409

thick ice on windscreens here..
slippy paths and car parks, I'm told..
What time do you call this!!
It's them there rounders games that are doing this. You'll just have to stop watching them.

Not much, if any down south. It got postponed a day. Wonder who'll be delivering it, might make it later.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
What time do you call this!!
It's them there rounders games that are doing this. You'll just have to stop watching them.

Not much, if any down south. It got postponed a day. Wonder who'll be delivering it, might make it later.
No baseball until March (maybe)..
season long over..

I get busy occasionally plus it was a Beag day..

Just under 0c just now...outside.

Stand down..

classic33

Leg End Member
No baseball until March (maybe)..
season long over..

I get busy occasionally plus it was a Beag day..

Just under 0c just now...outside.

Stand down..
I'm not stood up!

You've the sledge ready for the young un, for when it does snow I take it.

Be careful on that path first thing. Can't be slipping whilst you're putting the salt down(To stop folk slipping). It won't inspire confidence in your work.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I'm not stood up!

You've the sledge ready for the young un, for when it does snow I take it.

Be careful on that path first thing. Can't be slipping whilst you're putting the salt down(To stop folk slipping). It won't inspire confidence in your work.
I have lots of experience in the gritting line..
Hand spreading and on the back of a Bantam lorry circa 1972-73, shovelling grit mix into a spreader attached to the back of the lorry, no cushy gritting lorries where I was, two men, each shovelling for about 200 yards then freezing....

a job I'll never miss...

you've depressed me, medicine needed..
fermented apple juice?
don't mind if I do?

classic33

Leg End Member
I have lots of experience in the gritting line..
Hand spreading and on the back of a Bantam lorry circa 1972-73, shovelling grit mix into a spreader attached to the back of the lorry, no cushy gritting lorries where I was, two men, each shovelling for about 200 yards then freezing....

a job I'll never miss...

you've depressed me, medicine needed..
fermented apple juice?
don't mind if I do?
'ere, don't go saying I've driven you to drink, you're big enough to walk to the kitchen yerssen.

Top Bottom