Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's the Bees Knees of Tea..
I watch out for it being discounted and buy a few:laugh:

Yo Ho Ho:laugh:
Dry just now, I washed the XYL's car and it :rain:

Cake, plenty here..
Home baked as well:okay:
What else did you expect, you wash a car it'll rain shortly after you've finished. Missing all that free water!

You've cake for the time being, but can you eat it.

Blue

Legendary Member
We've got the sun here now, and clear blue skies. No wind, and non forecast.
Temperature: 4.6°C.

Worth a try you reckon?
Here's hoping it helps.

Yes, worth a try. The social worker phoned yesterday to see how we were getting on and I gave him a full rundown of things over the last few months. I must have worried him a bit because he phoned back later to see if I needed anything for myself and then offered to give the GP a nudge for me. I didn't even know they could do that but it's useful as the GP has been so hard to contact during this pandemic that I'd just given up trying, even though I felt that we needed some help.

The slightest amount of help is appreciated as I do struggle at times like when I just don't know what to say when Mrs B hears voices. I deal with such situations with reassurance and diversion but sometimes wonder if that's enough.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, worth a try. The social worker phoned yesterday to see how we were getting on and I gave him a full rundown of things over the last few months. I must have worried him a bit because he phoned back later to see if I needed anything for myself and then offered to give the GP a nudge for me. I didn't even know they could do that but it's useful as the GP has been so hard to contact during this pandemic that I'd just given up trying, even though I felt that we needed some help.

The slightest amount of help is appreciated as I do struggle at times like when I just don't know what to say when Mrs B hears voices. I deal with such situations with reassurance and diversion but sometimes wonder if that's enough.
Getting in touch with a GP is high on impossible here, and has been since mid March. I'd take their offer up if you need it.

If a run down in everything, did it include mentioning your nocturnal visits to other properties?

You do what you can at the time. There's not much more you can do.

Blue

Legendary Member
Getting in touch with a GP is high on impossible here, and has been since mid March. I'd take their offer up if you need it.

If a run down in everything, did it include mentioning your nocturnal visits to other properties?

You do what you can at the time. There's not much more you can do.
Yes, I kept him informed of the impending move, and the reasons why, as well as the regular visits. Those visits have turned out to be very useful in relation to meeting so many of the neighbours.

We were over again today and had yet another chat with one of the neighbours as well as taking a walk to the local shops for a paper - it almost feels like we are living there already!

This evening I brought the boxes that were purchased from Amazon months back in from the garage so that we can do a bit more decluttering and packing tomorrow. That'll let us see if we need to get even more boxes from the removal firm. I think we'll have to build a wall of packed boxes in our hall as our storage spaces are fairly crammed already!

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, I kept him informed of the impending move, and the reasons why, as well as the regular visits. Those visits have turned out to be very useful in relation to meeting so many of the neighbours.

We were over again today and had yet another chat with one of the neighbours as well as taking a walk to the local shops for a paper - it almost feels like we are living there already!

This evening I brought the boxes that were purchased from Amazon months back in from the garage so that we can do a bit more decluttering and packing tomorrow. That'll let us see if we need to get even more boxes from the removal firm. I think we'll have to build a wall of packed boxes in our hall as our storage spaces are fairly crammed already!
Will none of the local shops give you any suitable boxes. Since most will be paying for their recycling, I'd have thought they'd be more than happy to give them to you.

It sounds as though you're there already, going to the "local" papershop, talking to your neighbours.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
giphy.gif

Enjoy:hello:

classic33

Leg End Member
I could enjoy that but normal brekkie today....
Almost gone..
Bovril ran out on Friday:sad:

Pavements have just lost their white coat but nah, not for me today..
Thought you said you'd ample supplies ready, and just waiting to be used/eaten/drunk.

Blue

Legendary Member
I got a 60m roll of the bubble wrap, on top of our own more modest pre-existing supply of the stuff. We can get more quickly if we need it.

Any move I've done in the past has been more low key as We were moving from furnished flats and a lot of things were new items we had ordered and that were delivered after the move. It's more complicated this time.

We aren't moving far so I intend to make a lot of trips and just carry all small items in the back of the car without the complexity of packing.

Top Bottom