Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
:sun::hello:

I'll be seeing the solicitor later - another step towards the move, I hope!🤞

classic33

Leg End Member
:sun::hello:

I'll be seeing the solicitor later - another step towards the move, I hope!🤞
None here, t'were forecast yesterday to be clear skies today.

Don't hear too often about someone going to see their solicitor hoping to have news about moving house*. Hope it's good news though.

*Government holidays at Her Majesty's Pleasure being more common.

classic33

Leg End Member
Hope a dinnae faw on ma arse trying to run the morra! :laugh:
Just take it steady downhill.

Blue

Legendary Member
Well, all went well today.

I signed the purchase contract and the solicitor is holding that until a couple of minor questions are answered, and land registry do their thing, but he thinks we should get completion within 3-4 weeks.

The sale of our apartment is also proceeding nicely so he hopes to complete on that a few weeks later. This will give us a short overlap when we can get on with cleaning and having quotes for the refurb work on the bungalow before we actually move in.

This has the potential to work out very well and I hope that that proves to be the case. 🤞🤞

We did, of course, take a quick run over so that we could have yet another walk around our new neighbourhood.🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, all went well today.

I signed the purchase contract and the solicitor is holding that until a couple of minor questions are answered, and land registry do their thing, but he thinks we should get completion within 3-4 weeks.

The sale of our apartment is also proceeding nicely so he hopes to complete on that a few weeks later. This will give us a short overlap when we can get on with cleaning and having quotes for the refurb work on the bungalow before we actually move in.

This has the potential to work out very well and I hope that that proves to be the case. 🤞🤞

We did, of course, take a quick run over so that we could have yet another walk around our new neighbourhood.🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️
It's all over to your new place over the Christmas Unlocking to help out then?

classic33

Leg End Member
There's summat going on!
Screenshot_2020-12-02-20-02-05.png

Screenshot_2020-12-02-20-02-59.png

That or I'm faster than Mo.

Blue

Legendary Member
It's all over to your new place over the Christmas Unlocking to help out then?
:laugh:

January may be a bit like this

View: https://youtu.be/1sej_I40_8U

The bungalow isn't as old as we thought. We had thought that it was built in 1970 but it turns out it was June 1979. I would think that makes it a lot less likely that we will have an issue with any asbestos containing plaster etc. I feel a lot more relaxed about things now that we have got to this stage.

classic33

Leg End Member
:laugh:

January may be a bit like this

View: https://youtu.be/1sej_I40_8U

The bungalow isn't as old as we thought. We had thought that it was built in 1970 but it turns out it was June 1979. I would think that makes it a lot less likely that we will have an issue with any asbestos containing plaster etc. I feel a lot more relaxed about things now that we have got to this stage.

Best leave you to do that then.

Surprised you've only just found out when it was built. The number of visits you've made. And your paperwork!

Blue

Legendary Member
Best leave you to do that then.

Surprised you've only just found out when it was built. The number of visits you've made. And your paperwork!
When we talked to the neighbours and the estate agent we got dates that dotted the 1970's. One neighbour said his and ours were built about 40 years ago and he gets the prize! I suppose the problem was that the owner was in a nursing home so not available to give an accurate date

Top Bottom