Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Owdo the noo

Them small bars are getting smaller though.
Will you be testing your resistive capabilities later, or is it too late to start.

If you'd a third leg, you'd look sorta odd!
And have problems buying trousers.
He who lives by the sword...

It's only just begun...

Morning??
Typical..
I get the baseball on the telly..
I sit down with a :cuppa:
Phone goes, 'Your postcode isn't working on my sat nav' , 'who you?', 'delivery of fencing slats'....okayyyyyyyy.
Delivery arrives, I'm not really prepared but first 21 done^_^
I'm double slatting
Drill needs charged, using pozi screws instead of nails and having to cut a bit off some...
only 69 to go..

until they get more in..:wacko:
so now sitting at the action end of the baseball (all action was in last two innings) ..
once my drill has charged and Mrs M arrives back with more screws..
I'll be busy..
There must be some mark-up on plastic packets of screws.
mucho cheaper to buy in bulk...
other advice is available:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Typical..
I get the baseball on the telly..
I sit down with a :cuppa:
Phone goes, 'Your postcode isn't working on my sat nav' , 'who you?', 'delivery of fencing slats'....okayyyyyyyy.
Delivery arrives, I'm not really prepared but first 21 done^_^
I'm double slatting
Drill needs charged, using pozi screws instead of nails and having to cut a bit off some...
only 69 to go..

until they get more in..:wacko:
so now sitting at the action end of the baseball (all action was in last two innings) ..
once my drill has charged and Mrs M arrives back with more screws..
I'll be busy..
There must be some mark-up on plastic packets of screws.
mucho cheaper to buy in bulk...
other advice is available:laugh:
Work out how many you might need from the number used on one slat. Then times that by the number of slats and add 5% to that. Then by them by the tub.

Did you finish your cuppa, whilst it were still warm.

Buy a spare battery as well.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I remember going to watch a baseball game in Nagoya.

I seemed like a rather boisterous version of cricket.
I knew a couple of Yankee fans who were at a nearby naval base and I played the odd game of softball, one was Green Bay Packers daft and that rubbed off on me as well. I played softball at school until I launched one out of the school and through a nearby window:wacko:
I like the fact you can do other things around watching the game..
I going to teach my grandson how to pitch left hand.
Bloke on the mound tonight earns 1 mil per game pitched, good money..
Watching an early afternoon game from New York now..
Beer, baseball and a fish supper, heaven:laugh:
Work out how many you might need from the number used on one slat. Then times that by the number of slats and add 5% to that. Then by them by the tub.

Did you finish your cuppa, whilst it were still warm.

Buy a spare battery as well.

The crazy thing is the builder insists on contractors putting up 1.6m high slats, slats are 1.8m so having to saw a bit off.
I thought of hiring a nail gun but as for the amount (90), I'll just drive screws in.
half are put up, it's a cheap battery drill so did some then had to charge it or more would have been up, maybe finish the slats off tomorrow but I need some 'half' slats.
:cuppa:? nah..
Beer time^_^
Absinthe later:wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
I knew a couple of Yankee fans who were at a nearby naval base and I played the odd game of softball, one was Green Bay Packers daft and that rubbed off on me as well. I played softball at school until I launched one out of the school and through a nearby window:wacko:
I like the fact you can do other things around watching the game..
I going to teach my grandson how to pitch left hand.
Bloke on the mound tonight earns 1 mil per game pitched, good money..
Watching an early afternoon game from New York now..
Beer, baseball and a fish supper, heaven:laugh:

The crazy thing is the builder insists on contractors putting up 1.6m high slats, slats are 1.8m so having to saw a bit off.
I thought of hiring a nail gun but as for the amount (90), I'll just drive screws in.
half are put up, it's a cheap battery drill so did some then had to charge it or more would have been up, maybe finish the slats off tomorrow but I need some 'half' slats.
:cuppa:? nah..
Beer time^_^
Absinthe later:wacko:
Teaching the young in how to pitch has nothing to do with how much "the man on the mound tonight" makes. Nor the possibility of family tickets to match, or two.

I'd have left them the length they came, and "never noticed the difference" until completion.

You drink beer from a cup!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Teaching the young in how to pitch has nothing to do with how much "the man on the mound tonight" makes. Nor the possibility of family tickets to match, or two.

I'd have left them the length they came, and "never noticed the difference" until completion.

You drink beer from a cup!
Today's pitcher earns $33 mil a season..
pitches every 5 days, 30 odd possible times per season , maybe some playoff games.
$1 mill pay per game pitched?
Beag will be there..
tickets? no good I don't fly..

Cut them to fit each situation, looks better..
odd shower tomorrow..
want to finish the rest and that's part one done...

classic33

Leg End Member
Today's pitcher earns $33 mil a season..
pitches every 5 days, 30 odd possible times per season , maybe some playoff games.
$1 mill pay per game pitched?
Beag will be there..
tickets? no good I don't fly..

Cut them to fit each situation, looks better..
odd shower tomorrow..
want to finish the rest and that's part one done...
If your coaching is up to scratch, you won't have to fly, take the boat. Travel P.O.S.H.

There's a part two!

Ask if you can take part next time. Then you'll have personal experience of a game of cricket to compare it to!

I'm assuming you were made to at least see how hard you could whack a ball, at school.

The thing about cricket, the important thing in my school, was that no-one had any excuse to jump on you because you were smaller.

Also, a quick thinker could always be on the non. batting side of the batsman i.e.. where the ball was unlikely to go.

It was also easy to get bowled out, which saved a lot of running backwards and forwards.

classic33

Leg End Member
The thing about cricket, the important thing in my school, was that no-one had any excuse to jump on you because you were smaller.

Also, a quick thinker could always be on the non. batting side of the batsman i.e.. where the ball was unlikely to go.

It was also easy to get bowled out, which saved a lot of running backwards and forwards.
I'm guessing you did all of those more than once or twice.

I'm guessing you did all of those more than once or twice.

I became rather skilled in these areas, if I say so myself. See also:

• Being mysteriously at the other side of the field from the ball in rugby or football.
  • Accidentally "forgetting" studded shoes for four years straight so I couldn't be in the scrum in rugby.
  • A remarkable tendency to "trip" and fall over whenever there was any danger of being too close to the ball.
  • when the class was instructed to "score one basket then get changed" at the end of basketball lessons, lobbing ball in the general direction of the basket along with 20 other kids, then grabbing a random ball and disappearing.

classic33

Leg End Member
I became rather skilled in these areas, if I say so myself. See also:

• Being mysteriously at the other side of the field from the ball in rugby or football.
  • Accidentally "forgetting" studded shoes for four years straight so I couldn't be in the scrum in rugby.
  • A remarkable tendency to "trip" and fall over whenever there was any danger of being too close to the ball.
  • when the class was instructed to "score one basket then get changed" at the end of basketball lessons, lobbing ball in the general direction of the basket along with 20 other kids, then grabbing a random ball and disappearing.
I got close to a ball (a weapon), most wouldn't come near me. They did their best to keep them away from me. I did more running than field games/sports.

They were uncertain when it came to the javelin though.

I got close to a ball (a weapon), most wouldn't come near me. They did their best to keep them away from me. I did more running than field games/sports.

They were uncertain when it came to the javelin though.

Running I could do: i was one of the fastest in my year.

I also had a reputation as a formidable hockey player. Never give the short kid a weapon...

classic33

Leg End Member
Running I could do: i was one of the fastest in my year.

I also had a reputation as a formidable hockey player. Never give the short kid a weapon...
In the top three at school on the longer events, cross country especially. We'd an ex para as a games teacher for a year. He went back to them as it was easier than keeping up with a bunch of school kids on a local cross country run.

Bought two plastic Hurley's into school, and immediately got banned from using them in any hockey game.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
In the top three at school on the longer events, cross country especially. We'd an ex para as a games teacher for a year. He went back to them as it was easier than keeping up with a bunch of school kids on a local cross country run.

Bought two plastic Hurley's into school, and immediately got banned from using them in any hockey game.
I got a hurley in the garage (somewhere)..
I remember bring back for oldest Mhor, a Cavan, Roscommon football top from my visits.

Battery flat..
Dozen slats to go..

oh, I was a good spin bowler at school and remember being taken to meet a Scottish cricket legend who stayed local,
I was mentioned to the local club but it was the wrong school....
lost my interest after the Botham, Willis years..
and though Sir Geoff was THE man...

Top Bottom