Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Ayup

They not the right ones then?
Bits of them are correct.

I hope I can find my translation as I worked hard on it back in the day. Take the last couple of lines as an example, for me they are "dead as they come by your feet do ya ken. And the wind cried merry". Neither of those translations quite match that.

It's a track I always enjoyed. During my running days I helped manage a local 10k race and when we were setting up the PA system at the edge of the shopping area on the Saturday of the race I played that to the happy shoppers at full volume to test the system. I've often wondered what they made of it!:wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
There's this if you want the accent thrown in.

Aye an a bit o' mackerel, back-a-racken
Fear 'nd a revit Din bat-a 'hed 'nd a thoit'
Well i slap'd thea in a flem 'nd din an'a sade
'Nd a creed, creed, creed
'Da fear of fallin' dinga'
Dingan nerver bought 'da raise
And den cread marie'a!
Took equi-epk

Lamoret 'nd a buot
And I roon-doon-doon 'da maken' stye

'N taklin' the fairy hord dat was fallen round de feet
"Never!" de cried "Never shall ye get me alayv

Ya rotten hound of de hondny free
Well I snakd for a blame 'nd a clamore cut and a crust
'Nd i fell dingd befoor 'em ring'st fet (Sigh)
A roar-e creed!
Frae the bottom of es heart that I would nay
Fall but es deed,
Dead as a can by a feat
Deah...
And the wind cried meth. (Thank You)

Blue

Legendary Member
Here's the track slowed down. The album version was at high speed for the long intro so when slowed it sounds normal speed and you can hear how the sounds were being made. However, the voiced lyrics were recorded at normal speed and now sound quite slow and even harder to decipher in places. If I find my translation I'll use that YouTube vid to see if I can get any more of the lyrics.

The thing is that I've seen a great many translations over the years and they all tend to differ in places so I would like to do my own. As I said, just a bit of fun.

View: https://youtu.be/yc6CVbEdmfY

classic33

Leg End Member
Here's the track slowed down. The album version was at high speed for the long intro so when slowed it sounds normal speed and you can hear how the sounds were being made. However, the voiced lyrics were recorded at normal speed and now sound quite slow and even harder to decipher in places. If I find my translation I'll use that YouTube vid to see if I can get any more of the lyrics.

The thing is that I've seen a great many translations over the years and they all tend to differ in places so I would like to do my own. As I said, just a bit of fun.

View: https://youtu.be/yc6CVbEdmfY

Just remember to allow for regional accents.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning.

Time for a cuppa.
Thought tha wer gone

How's the new commute going?
Good morning:hello:
Jeez, this updating and virus scans are taking longer
as below another is in order

A wee bit of Donna to get you loose this morning

Think the guy (Giorgio) is kidding he is hitting those keys like he's scared or summit..
must be played with bass boost on AND loud..
It's lockdown, enjoy yourself

Why do you require updating, the virus scan I can understand in the present situation.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rpif3gFFQ6gg

Morning??
a4be921a7be076c56b6928e1443f8ae8.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Why do you require updating, the virus scan I can understand in the present situation.
Morning??
I use Windows Defender along with a freebie, Windows is forever updating their Defender..

Waaarm out..
thought I'd test ma wee legs..
first 10.jpg

a wee climb for the first ten miles, the downhill was spectacular...

Top Bottom