Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Bridgy,
Thanks for the tip. I was unaware hovering over the 2 heads revealed that info.
I see what you mean re Y axis-clearly i will have to raise my game.
Its a real shame you cannot overly rides for comparison.
User error obviously but how are you copying and pasting? The graphs wont c&p for me using win 10 at work.
I'm sure there's a much more efficient way of doing it that someone like Geoff will know but the way I get the image is to press the "print screen" key on my keyboard paste into a blank word document. Then save the image, open it, crop it and re-save the cropped version.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I'm sure there's a much more efficient way of doing it that someone like Geoff will know but the way I get the image is to press the "print screen" key on my keyboard paste into a blank word document. Then save the image, open it, crop it and re-save the cropped version.

If you use Alt-Print Screen it only clips the current window (the one with "focus") rather than the whole screen.

You can paste it into straight into an image manipulation tool, the standard Windows "Paint" app works, crop it and save as a jpeg or bitmap, etc.

If you use a slightly more sophisticated tool, like irfanview, gimp, photoshop express, etc. you could scale one vertically to match the other before saving.

If you are just going to paste onto this forum you don't actually have to save it as an image file, you can cut and paste it straight from the image app after cropping and scaling, then just close the app.

If you use the Windows "Snipping Tool" you can clip the exact bit you want straight from the bkool page and then paste where ever you want it.

Geoff

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm going to probably have a go at stage 5 of the winter cup shortly - that's if my legs aren't complaining too much while I warm up!

If anyone else wants to join me, let me know

Bridgy,
Thanks for the tip. I was unaware hovering over the 2 heads revealed that info.
I see what you mean re Y axis-clearly i will have to raise my game.
Its a real shame you cannot overly rides for comparison.
User error obviously but how are you copying and pasting? The graphs wont c&p for me using win 10 at work.
I think the others offering useful suggestions missed the fact you are doing this at work and this is what I think you call billable hours; so I think you are really looking for a much slower more complicated way to do it involving tracing paper and glue.

Edit: I just realized I'm reading this and replying at work. That's different.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think the others offering useful suggestions missed the fact you are doing this at work and this is what I think you call billable hours; so I think you are really looking for a much slower more complicated way to do it involving tracing paper and glue.

:laugh:

Yeah - if anyone's got a SLOWER method, please advise!!

Rod McG

Über Member
The last handicap chase was indeed good fun, thanks Geoff! I hadn't realised that I could see the stats of the other riders and have enjoyed comparing them, although I suspect not everyone was going at full speed this time.
Is there a chaingang tomorrow?

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Pep's WC Stage 5 Stats
Impressive Power continuity.
upload_2017-1-17_22-48-13.png

AAAC have you noticed Bkool's only showing 26 seconds of your Handicap ride...?

I did join earlier to look see who was in and what the time was but I don't think I saved it.

AAAC 76C

Large Member

I've tried a few things even involving the free on line Luna Pic tool to make backgrounds transparent so once you resize the graphs to make the vertical axis the same you still end up with overlaying lines the same colour. However I can probably use Luna Pic to change image colours as well.
At the end of the day if it becomes a science project you just give up.
I tend to end up opening each set of riders stats in the same window and just clicking to and fro.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Pep's WC Stage 5 Stats
Impressive Power continuity.
View attachment 333804

I did join earlier to look see who was in and what the time was but I don't think I saved it.
That power graph looks very odd! Not sure how that's even possible?

CXRAndy

Guru
My FTP has dropped:sad: Not Worried though, as there are some very positive aspects. Ive lost only 8 Watts, my cadence was more than 10 Revs higher, The FTP routine includes a 5 minute pre FTP test where you go pretty much all out, and I didnt fade towards then end of the 20 min test. :smile: Lots of positives to take into the 'Power Build' phases. Again this block looks quite intense with some 2 hour tempo interval sessions :ohmy:. But. but trainer road says that Iron-man triathletes ride at this zone for 3-4hours:wacko:

bobinski

Legendary Member
My FTP has dropped:sad: Not Worried though, as there are some very positive aspects. Ive lost only 8 Watts, my cadence was more than 10 Revs higher, The FTP routine includes a 5 minute pre FTP test where you go pretty much all out, and I didnt fade towards then end of the 20 min test. :smile: Lots of positives to take into the 'Power Build' phases. Again this block looks quite intense with some 2 hour tempo interval sessions :ohmy:. But. but trainer road says that Iron-man triathletes ride at this zone for 3-4hours:wacko:

At this rate you will have to change your name to Iron-man Andy^_^

CXRAndy

Guru
That might be it. I've never tried ERG mode - has anyone else used it in a normal session or race? I'm not sure what (if any) advantage it would give

I have used it in races when the course was too varying and I couldn't get a rythmn, so selected a power level and just held that. I don't know if its an advantage or disadvantage regarding speed, but can be useful for smoothing peaks and troughs, Actually does it cancel out 'dead stops'?

Top Bottom