Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
interesting you call a 9.16% gradient a 'bump', i want some of what you're on!

Well I was going to do a 3 lap group training session around London In Zwift which involves 3x up box hill so about 30m of climbing over 45km

bobinski

Legendary Member
Sorry about that. Was practising sprints before the ride. Seems I loosened the quick release axle with my awesome power. Had to get off and by time back it seemed silly to ride on my own. So I went off to race up box hill.
It was a great turnout on bkool tonight:thumbsup:

Steve

Sorry about that. Was practising sprints before the ride. Seems I loosened the quick release axle with my awesome power. Had to get off and by time back it seemed silly to ride on my own. So I went off to race up box hill.
It was a great turnout on bkool tonight:thumbsup:
you weren't far wrong with your description of '3 bumps', because of their shortness they weren't too demanding

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Good group racing there AAAC, Bill, Bridgy and Gregory,Tommy and Breedon :okay:

It wasn't supposed to be a race. I'm not sure Breedon or Gregory even realised they were in a race! I was just aiming to go a steady pace the whole time. Then with a couple of miles to go I thought bollocks to getting to the foot of the hill with 'Breedon the mountain goat' next to me!

The good news is I coughed up loads of gunk from my chest and the sniffles are clearing so hopefully I'll be able to have a go at a winter cup stage this weekend.

As Bob said it was great seeing lots of people on the start line. Good ride all!

JacobSkovsgaard

Hi Jacob - thanks for posting that info. I think it sounds like a great fun idea.

How did you go about picking your Danish team? We can obviously pick 5 guys from our regular leagues who want to be involved but I'm sure there must be other fast guys out there we don't know about as they don't take part in our leagues?
Hi Jacob - thanks for posting that info. I think it sounds like a great fun idea.

How did you go about picking your Danish team? We can obviously pick 5 guys from our regular leagues who want to be involved but I'm sure there must be other fast guys out there we don't know about as they don't take part in our leagues?

In Denmark Bkool is exploding this year. We are organized in a facebook-group with 4.203 members. EVERY Tuesday and Thursday at 19.50 there is livesessions with 80-130 participants. EVERY Sunday at 9.50 there is a longer livesession with 50 participants. We have made a system that add up all the results in a season-ranking-list, to make some competition and fun for everybody. At the moment over 950 different riders have participated in at least one race and is on the list. In the end of the season we make a Champions Cup for the top-10-riders with great prizes. Only top-10 can participate, which makes a lot of competition for being in top-10 all the time.
Beside that a Danish cyclestorechain (webike) organizes livesessions every manday and Wednesday at 19.20 with 30-50 participants. They don’t have rankings and so, but still high level.

The 5 riders for Nations Cup will be the 5 riders in top of the season-ranking-list. If there is a strong rider that is not participating in the livesessions, then it is just too bad for him.

The last two years we have had a Danish Bkool Championship where 25 riders meet in a gym and racers 3 sessions against each other to find out who is the Danish Champion. The winner gets a championship-jersey, medals, prizes and so. Very funny day where you meet the people you usually only see on the screen.

Just some words about Bkool in Denmark, and why we aim high :-)

I follow many leagues and livesessions and I haven't seen any really strong GB-riders that is not a part of Team Cyclechat, so I just think you should select the 5 strongest from your group

Breedon

Legendary Member
It wasn't supposed to be a race. I'm not sure Breedon or Gregory even realised they were in a race! I was just aiming to go a steady pace the whole time. Then with a couple of miles to go I thought bollocks to getting to the foot of the hill with 'Breedon the mountain goat' next to me!

The good news is I coughed up loads of gunk from my chest and the sniffles are clearing so hopefully I'll be able to have a go at a winter cup stage this weekend.

As Bob said it was great seeing lots of people on the start line. Good ride all!

Since when has a chaingang not been a race :biggrin: i thought you was teasing me at times dropping back then coming ahead and dropping back again, i thought if i can stay close to tommy to the base of the last hill then i can drop him but i think you read my mind you then made a break for it which tbh i wasn't expecting. Well done.:okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
There are some strong riders who aren't part of cyclechat who could be interested. Cycle chat could fill most if not all.

The Danes certainly like Bkool! Very well organised and populated racing scene. Can't really expect much less from a cycle orientated country :biggrin:

Gregory_ca

Regular

Same thing for me, I was trying to keep my pace. I rode a couple of km with Tommy but it's hard to follow each other. I noticed a recurrent phenomenon; at the beginning of every single climb, my virtual speed is going down very fast and therefore I am overtook by the others at high speed. It quite frustrating. Did someone observed this?

CXRAndy

Guru
Same thing for me, I was trying to keep my pace. I rode a couple of km with Tommy but it's hard to follow each other. I noticed a recurrent phenomenon; at the beginning of every single climb, my virtual speed is going down very fast and therefore I am overtook by the others at high speed. It quite frustrating. Did someone observed this?

Yes I saw that. You're on a tacx, so will behave differently from the Bkool trainer and unfortunately you're disadvantage d despite you putting out decent power. If you look at your speed graph it will be alot more sharp and jagged in comparison to the Bkool pro riders. This impacts on lower average speeds. If you tried a bkool I would expect you to develop around 50 more watts and be biting on the heels of the front runners. It can be a little frustrating sometimes.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
In Denmark Bkool is exploding this year. We are organized in a facebook-group with 4.203 members. EVERY Tuesday and Thursday at 19.50 there is livesessions with 80-130 participants. EVERY Sunday at 9.50 there is a longer livesession with 50 participants. We have made a system that add up all the results in a season-ranking-list, to make some competition and fun for everybody. At the moment over 950 different riders have participated in at least one race and is on the list. In the end of the season we make a Champions Cup for the top-10-riders with great prizes. Only top-10 can participate, which makes a lot of competition for being in top-10 all the time.
Beside that a Danish cyclestorechain (webike) organizes livesessions every manday and Wednesday at 19.20 with 30-50 participants. They don’t have rankings and so, but still high level.

The 5 riders for Nations Cup will be the 5 riders in top of the season-ranking-list. If there is a strong rider that is not participating in the livesessions, then it is just too bad for him.

The last two years we have had a Danish Bkool Championship where 25 riders meet in a gym and racers 3 sessions against each other to find out who is the Danish Champion. The winner gets a championship-jersey, medals, prizes and so. Very funny day where you meet the people you usually only see on the screen.

I follow many leagues and livesessions and I haven't seen any really strong GB-riders that is not a part of Team Cyclechat, so I just think you should select the 5 strongest from your group
Wow, that's a very impressive setup you have in Denmark!

AAAC 76C

Large Member

Put like that Jacob makes it more like what we would term as a 'friendly' match, all the competition but no need for hype.
Like others have said I'm sure there must be some UK riders that are as good as if not better than us however I have not drifted much from our cycle chat leagues and the BKool Winter Summer leagues.
The only way we might find them is to look in the Ranking pages and see if we can find others there.
However I'm sue we can get a motley 5 together from cycle chat but you may have to put up with a whole bunch of excuses why we might not win due to the majority of us carrying injures and/or old age.
If we could still make outfits in BSim we would have had no problem coming up with a Team Jersey (there is one individual who we might ask to design it as we may not be able to beat your guys with power but we might just dazzle you).

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just to add to what Andy said. With regards the drafting it may be the difference in turbo trainers but I think maybe you just need more practice at it. And to be fair I'm great at it either so the two things combined...

Top Bottom