Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Wow, that's a very impressive setup you have in Denmark!

That was tough for me tonight Bridgy all be it I did hang back for Bill here and there.
My legs are like logs after the two back to back runs on Tuesday, not sure how I will cope with 3 back to back for Jacobs nations cup.
Also not sure how I might convince HID that on the 25th I will cycling for about 3 hours.

BILL S

Guru
Well that was a tough ride for me, only just hanging on because AAAC would wait for me after each hill. Thanks again AAAC.
Although every Chaingang ride is definitely supposed to be a race, it is sometimes fun and good camaraderie to help out a fellow Cyclechat team mate ^_^.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Well that was a tough ride for me, only just hanging on because AAAC would wait for me after each hill. Thanks again AAAC.
Although every Chaingang ride is definitely supposed to be a race, it is sometimes fun and good camaraderie to help out a fellow Cyclechat team mate ^_^.

Bill, it was not too hard to convince myself to drop back for you, it suited my needs and I didn't feel like going head to head with Bridgy who obviously backed of for us more than once.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Since when has a chaingang not been a race :biggrin: i thought you was teasing me at times dropping back then coming ahead and dropping back again, i thought if i can stay close to tommy to the base of the last hill then i can drop him but i think you read my mind you then made a break for it which tbh i wasn't expecting. Well done.:okay:

Cheers Bud. I wasn't teasing you promise, just making it up as I went along :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
In Denmark Bkool is exploding this year. We are organized in a facebook-group with 4.203 members. EVERY Tuesday and Thursday at 19.50 there is livesessions with 80-130 participants. EVERY Sunday at 9.50 there is a longer livesession with 50 participants. We have made a system that add up all the results in a season-ranking-list, to make some competition and fun for everybody. At the moment over 950 different riders have participated in at least one race and is on the list. In the end of the season we make a Champions Cup for the top-10-riders with great prizes. Only top-10 can participate, which makes a lot of competition for being in top-10 all the time.
Beside that a Danish cyclestorechain (webike) organizes livesessions every manday and Wednesday at 19.20 with 30-50 participants. They don’t have rankings and so, but still high level.

The 5 riders for Nations Cup will be the 5 riders in top of the season-ranking-list. If there is a strong rider that is not participating in the livesessions, then it is just too bad for him.

The last two years we have had a Danish Bkool Championship where 25 riders meet in a gym and racers 3 sessions against each other to find out who is the Danish Champion. The winner gets a championship-jersey, medals, prizes and so. Very funny day where you meet the people you usually only see on the screen.

Just some words about Bkool in Denmark, and why we aim high :-)

I follow many leagues and livesessions and I haven't seen any really strong GB-riders that is not a part of Team Cyclechat, so I just think you should select the 5 strongest from your group

Jacob, that is quite astonishing. And what you are planning is very impressive!
Do you have any contact with bkool that allows you to raise issues or problems with how the sim works, the deadstops, how bkool can limit the impact in the sim of different bkool turbos, the classic and pro behave differently and also with different makes of trainer and so on? I understand this won't be a priority especially as you put your league and this race together but your groups sise could give you some influence with bkool!
I think you will find some very interested competitors here!

BILL S

Guru
Bill, it was not too hard to convince myself to drop back for you, it suited my needs and I didn't feel like going head to head with Bridgy who obviously backed of for us more than once.

I was wondering if Bridgy was backing off, or if we were catching him because there were two of us drafting, although I admittedly didn't do much time at the front. Tactically there's probably not much point being 10 or 20 seconds ahead of a drafting pair unless you're pulling away from them at least slowly.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
*not great at it either

To be fair, not great at bothering to read back what I've said before pressing post either...

Sort of thing I do at work that can change the context of what you are saying and you think:
Oh shyte! can I recall that quick before anyone opens it
And then sit and sweat waiting for all the successful recall notices.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I was wondering if Bridgy was backing off, or if we were catching him because there were two of us drafting, although I admittedly didn't do much time at the front. Tactically there's probably not much point being 10 or 20 seconds ahead of a drafting pair unless you're pulling away from them at least slowly.

He was, believe me.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Recordings...

Start - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksuhztvt7f3delw/Bkool Indoor 17_01_17 19_15_51.mp4?dl=0
Finish - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndx20ydev375l0m/Bkool Indoor 17_01_17 19_36_46.mp4?dl=0

I've got 6 results in showing so far (Bridgy, Lars, Bill, Rod, Bob & SRS), I'm expecting a few more so I'll wait to publish the results... but congratulations to @bridgy on another strong ride, and well done to everyone that took part!

I understand that the elapsed time display was the usual bkool weirdness! I start the ride at bang on the hour, so best to use an accurate watch to gauge Start Time.

Geoff

No more results coming through so here are the Handicap classifications:

On the road

1) Bridgy
2) AAAC
3) Stephen
4) Bob
5) Bill
6) Lars
7) Rod

Corrected times (Moving Time + Start Time)

upload_2017-1-19_22-32-58.png

Moving times (and improvements)

upload_2017-1-19_22-34-0.png

Geoff

bridgy

Legendary Member
The truth is I thought I'd got away the first time after getting a bit of a gap on a descent but you guys gradually reeled me in, and once I saw the gap falling I backed off very slightly to join in your drafting fun again - but I had been hoping I could stay away! The second time I got ahead I had a strange bit of old fashioned slingshot and my speed coming off a descent stayed high for much longer than usual. So I thought it was abit unfair and I did back off pretty much straight away to let you catch up as we' d been right together before it happened.

I was really surprised to get to the line first though, as I thought I'd be the weakest up that last hill - I did really go for it though ^_^

Good race though - oh and I nearly missed the start as I'd been busy dismantling a bed and only got about 3 minutes warm up. Legs were like lead at the start as a result and I had to dig really deep just to stay with you two at tbe start - that hurt!

bridgy

Legendary Member
That was tough for me tonight Bridgy all be it I did hang back for Bill here and there.
My legs are like logs after the two back to back runs on Tuesday, not sure how I will cope with 3 back to back for Jacobs nations cup.
Also not sure how I might convince HID that on the 25th I will cycling for about 3 hours.
If GB puts a team in it would be a shame if you couldn't do it AAAC as I reckon you're the unnofficial UK champ! The 3 back to back would be tough for sure but you'd have to pace it accordingly I guess - and it would be the same for everyone. To be fair, I appreciare Jacob would want to make it particularly challenging so the winners were worthy of the title!

I would be interested in doing it if I was deemed fast enough to make the team - I too would have some challenges with getting 3 hours free on a Saturday as I am usually running around the country taking my son to football matches but I'm sure I could find a way

Top Bottom