Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Excellent ride AAAC:notworthy:

Difficult to disagree with anything you say. It would Ben good to see bkool resolve the advantage using a pro gives users, something that may be in the long term interests of the company, and if possible introduce some form of self or user calibration. After all it is a cracking piece of equipment.

In my 'logical' mind it at first seems such a simple concept to calculate the required resistance to set at any once moment in time even though it may lapse by the margin of the data measuring cycle (which could/would is be fractions of a second).
However I lack the knowledge to know how you calculate it all be it \I understand what it is you need to measure.
For that reason creating a turbo that only calculates power accurately should be technically quite simple.
As I have said many times before I think they have tried to many quick fixes rather than going back to step one because they have been spending their R&D on 'looks'.
Riding an alternative turbo on the same SW is then down to a common language and the results should be similar other than the fact BKool doesn't have a motor either to Sim downhills.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
The Eagle Has Landed!
Really chuffed with this one. Thomas R and I are both 80 kg in BKool and our stats line up really well:
View attachment 335034

Before I bought my first BKool I was riding in the back room to music or live cycling on a spin bike.
I went on a two week cruise and they had VR 'X' Bikes in the Gym on board.
I spent 3 hours every afternoon on the damn things in the heat of a Mediterranean Indian Summer because it was so much fun.
When I got back the idea of the spin bike was just so lame and uninteresting so I looked for VR.
At the level of my budget TACX and BKool seemed to be the only options and there was a lot of gripes on line about unstable TACX SW and the Turbo was about £150 more so I spent £280 on my BKool Classic.
I then spent another £50 a year and a half or more later to try and create a hybrid Pro from my Classic.
It soon became apparent that when ANT FEC was introduced my hybrid would not update so I eventually lashed out another £360 on a new Pro.
For that £600 or so I would have now been able to buy a Turbo with a power meter built in.
However I'm not sure if anyone sells an inbuilt Power Measuring device in a sub £450 turbo even today so even if BKool were to market one they would need to improve BSim or perhaps commit to just making Turbo's which would probably leave all of us legacy guys behind.
For the reason I ride in BKool I would not consider committing £800 on a Turbo as my bike isn't worth even half of that.
I must admit that despite my recent gripes on the way they have fixed some of the anomalies in BSim/BKool it has bought my average power back down to something more realistic but it is still more than probably very optimistic but to me it is still online gaming for fitness with the pleasure of VR and an associated online community of cyclists from all walks of life, age and individual interest.
We all got what we paid for in terms of hardware but I must admit it must be frustrating for those that paid above the odds to have some of the enjoyment chipped away due to hardware disparity and a seemingly uninterested VR SW vendor.
For one I am still trying to workout the benefits that have been introduce by the new BSim GUI all be it I never use it on a touch screen which is probably what it was made for (remember Windows 8).
I have yet to venture into Swift and my current enjoyment in the WC and the idea of the International Cup coming means I will stay with BKool on a BKool for another year.

Well said AAAC. After going back and fourth sometimes this is the conclusion I draw too. I moan as much as anyone but Bkool hasn't really deviated from what I bought the turbo for in the first place. I read the reviews and made my choice. Perhaps our expectations have gone up over time but ultimately bkool delivers what it sets out to, with one or two creases to be ironed out. It's brought us all together and I'm enjoying the racing as much as ever. I find myself planning my week around my next attempt at a WC stage. It's fair to say I'm hooked...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Whorty, are you WFH tomorrow? If so, what's the best time for your tin can run? I'm good from 4 onwards.. have you a plan for set-up, ghosts and bingly bongs?
Yep, WFH tomorrow. Plan is start warm up at 6 for a 6-10 ride. I'll set a ride up with ghosts for us to chase down :evil: Might plan to try and hold Rob or GW's wheel .... don't want to risk going too fast in case @gbrown penalises us on the TTT :rofl: I'll come on here about 5-30 tomorrow to confirm the time and make sure I get off all my calls etc on time. Anyone else fancy joining us?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Planning on trying a ride this weekend Geoff, at that time will know if I need to ask you to add a team beige at the back for me.
Jim and I are looking to re-do the ride tomorrow/Friday evening around 6 if you fancy a little spin with us? I'll add some ghosts to work with. I'm hoping to work with Jim live, and Rob and/or GW's ghosts.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
It's really frustrating at the moment, no bkool pro to use, Kickr is awaiting spares from the USA. Too bloody cold to venture out:cold:
You could always spend the time working on your core muscles, say an hour of crunches each day....

Breedon

Legendary Member
The power meter
Yep, WFH tomorrow. Plan is start warm up at 6 for a 6-10 ride. I'll set a ride up with ghosts for us to chase down :evil: Might plan to try and hold Rob or GW's wheel .... don't want to risk going too fast in case @gbrown penalises us on the TTT :rofl: I'll come on here about 5-30 tomorrow to confirm the time and make sure I get off all my calls etc on time. Anyone else fancy joining us?
I might join you still got this cold so will do a little zwift tomorrow am to see how i feel.

Top Bottom