Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Well, I think some higher powers are having a laugh at my expense - AGAIN :cursing:.

My garage has no heat and last time it was so cold I nearly broke a tooth on a protein bar I brought over. So I decided to bring the Pro to the living room and apparently the metal glue holding the stepper motor shaft together, didn't take it well on going from -10 C to +20 C.

So tried the new 2017 Pro but same problem as the two other PC's I tried it with: signal gets lost when I start to pedal. Tried the Android app via bluetooth but no luck here either, Tried Zwift just to make sure it was not a software problem and still no luck. Even found a compatible 12V power supply, but that didn't change anything either.

So back to the workshop and re-glue the steppper motor shaft on my old Pro, and finally got the WC7 session going. I did a time at around 25:30 I think, but the higher powers played a final trick on me and made any trace of that session disappear.

Aside from that, Bkool was in a very generous mood today and come to think of it, the last time that happened was also in the living room. So maybe it's the temperature that makes the difference, or it's something with the particular BSim installation on my living room media center.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Well, I think some higher powers are having a laugh at my expense - AGAIN :cursing:.

My garage has no heat and last time it was so cold I nearly broke a tooth on a protein bar I brought over. So I decided to bring the Pro to the living room and apparently the metal glue holding the stepper motor shaft together, didn't take it well on going from -10 C to +20 C.

So tried the new 2017 Pro but same problem as the two other PC's I tried it with: signal gets lost when I start to pedal. Tried the Android app via bluetooth but no luck here either, Tried Zwift just to make sure it was not a software problem and still no luck. Even found a compatible 12V power supply, but that didn't change anything either.

So back to the workshop and re-glue the steppper motor shaft on my old Pro, and finally got the WC7 session going. I did a time at around 25:30 I think, but the higher powers played a final trick on me and made any trace of that session disappear.

Aside from that, Bkool was in a very generous mood today and come to think of it, the last time that happened was also in the living room. So maybe it's the temperature that makes the difference, or it's something with the particular BSim installation on my living room media center.
Sounds like you need to reject the last bkool pro as faulty and get a replacement. I also did stages 6 and 7, stage 6 has shown up but stage 7 is in my history only and is still greyed out. I have no idea why I did stage 7 after a hard stage 6, I must have been high on energy gel...

LBHIFI

Veteran
Sounds like you need to reject the last bkool pro as faulty and get a replacement. I also did stages 6 and 7, stage 6 has shown up but stage 7 is in my history only and is still greyed out. I have no idea why I did stage 7 after a hard stage 6, I must have been high on energy gel...
It's not even in my history list.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Yes Bob it's still there ATM. I think we need a coordinated plan to keep posting on bkool Facebook pages.

If they continue to delete posts which highlight issues that need addressing then it reflects an attitude of a company not willing to listen- if that happens I'll move over to Zwift even quicker.
Careful now or you'll end up getting blocked like me! :laugh:
..... In Zwift and Tr you can use a power meter and bkool pro together- why not in bsim?
This is the feature that I think would make a return to Bkool a possibility for me.... loving the fact I get the consistent stats for indoor and outdoor rides these days. :bicycle:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I cant believe Bkool had a custom motor made for them alone. I think a little bit of research would reveal a manufacturer who could supply

Could be this one with a threaded shaft added.
This was about £7.

Attachments

• small-stepper-motor-500x500.jpg
    small-stepper-motor-500x500.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 74

berty bassett

Legendary Member
update on my cold - in 24 hrs it has turned to full scale man flu and i fear i have the beginnings of bubonic plague - at this rate i fear that not only am i going to miss the handicap this week i may well be dead by thurs
if this is the case being of reasonably sound mind i leave fellow cyclechatters my bkool to harvest for parts and also i leave Bob my right knee - bear in mind though i am only 5'7 so you may find yourself walking round in circles by accident
have fun

CXRAndy

Guru
Bkool has asked me to email info@bkool.com. I have done and linked them to the Facebook posts

See if they respond and take notice:laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Has anyone seen anything from Bkool anywhere that says how long it will be down for? Just got all dressed up for a ride!!

Top Bottom