Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Keep going TB .... we'll need as many men as possible to help us all over the line of the DD :okay:
I may have to resort to my 3rd bike

https://goo.gl/images/P90YmM

I do atleast have the physique for it

CXRAndy

Guru
Bit of advice from London dwellers. :smile: Eldest daughter got a job in Marylebone area. She has 6 weeks to find a place to reside, with easy commute routes cycling/ walking or tube to said destination.

What the range of prices for small flats or rooms to rent?

theboxers

Bit of advice from London dwellers. :smile: Eldest daughter got a job in Marylebone area. She has 6 weeks to find a place to reside, with easy commute routes cycling/ walking or tube to said destination.

From What!! to How £*%@ing much?. How anybody new can afford to move here I don't know. Good luck with the hunt. Sorry for being the grouch on this.

CXRAndy

Guru
From What!! to How £*%@ing much?. How anybody new can afford to move here I don't know. Good luck with the hunt. Sorry for being the grouch on this.

She will be on minimum wages due to inexperience and we will have to support her for the time she is down in London. What areas are decent to live in? I only know London to visit as a tourist.

theboxers

She will be on minimum wages due to inexperience and we will have to support her for the time she is down in London. What areas are decent to live in? I only know London to visit as a tourist.
Although I live inside the M25 I am out of town and feel like, no I am, a tourist every time I go to central London. I haven't had the need to rent in the last 20 years, although the mortgage company would beg to differ. Bob and Tommy would probably be your best guides as they live closer in.

Marty b

Regular
Thanks for that tonight Bill can't help but think you are just teasing me when you sat with me for the first half. My power completely when in the second half and just couldn't live with you any longer. Great ride different from my usual Thursday night on the road chain gang.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Thanks for that tonight Bill can't help but think you are just teasing me when you sat with me for the first half. My power completely when in the second half and just couldn't live with you any longer. Great ride different from my usual Thursday night on the road chain gang.

Hope to be there Saturday

AAAC 76C

Large Member
My Giro kit arrived today.
Had to give it a quick try.
Fits well but having trouble with the zipper.
It will be alright for the summer though!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Andy

How long is your daughter planning to stay in London? Does she want to live on her own or is she ok sharing? Do you have a budget in mind?

BILL S

Guru

Thank you too Marty. You helped make an otherwise boring ride a lot more interesting. I was actually fairly close to my limit in both half's so definitely not playing with you in the first half, but more a case of riding with you to hopefully speed up both out times. I thought you might be staying with me to the end so was making sure I'd have a little left for the final sprint. Maybe next time :smile:.

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi Andy

How long is your daughter planning to stay in London? Does she want to live on her own or is she ok sharing? Do you have a budget in mind?

Her placement is a year. She shares a house presently so could share again. We honestly don't know what rent costs in London. Maybe £1k a month for rent, what does that get?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I used to live out SE London (Beckenham). Seems much cheaper SE than most other areas of London - but of course, the further out you go the more you pay for travel! On a limited budget you are probably looking at zone 4 or 5 I would think. Zone 1 is mega expensive. Zone 2 can be a bit dodgy sometimes. Zone 3 can be expensive too as it's populated by those who want to live in Zone 1 but can't afford it!!

Have a look at where the uni students live as there will then likely be cheaper shared student housing available. Back in the day I lived in Walthamstow and Leyton .... used to be a lot of students around there, including nurses who trained at Whips Cross (:whistle:). Both easy to get to Marylebone on the tube.

Also might be worth looking at places on the Chiltern mainline into Marylebone; you might pay more for travel, but less for accommodation.

As TB says though, renting in London is VERY expensive, even for just a room, so be prepared.

Marty b

Regular
Thank you too Marty. You helped make an otherwise boring ride a lot more interesting. I was actually fairly close to my limit in both half's so definitely not playing with you in the first half, but more a case of riding with you to hopefully speed up both out times. I thought you might be staying with me to the end so was making sure I'd have a little left for the final sprint. Maybe next time :smile:.

Was absolutely on it Tuesday night. Needed to reproduce that. May be next week. Thanks again

Top Bottom