Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Claude22

Regular
Seems I've been dropped back out of the group on BKOOL sure I'm so slow I'm dropped from the peloton but why was the group removed, did this happen to anyone else?

I think AAAC's lady needs clipless for that set-up

BILL S

Guru
Seems I've been dropped back out of the group on BKOOL sure I'm so slow I'm dropped from the peloton but why was the group removed, did this happen to anyone else?

I think AAAC's lady needs clipless for that set-up
Claude. Sorry if I removed you from the group when I had a clean up last week. I didn't mean to so please re-apply and you'll be back in.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Saddles definitely too low there AAAC. How are you supposed to make maximum power with a set-up like that?

It's not too low.
It, how can I put this, disappeared!

tumblr_l32zxterod1qziwcjo1_1280-jpg.jpg

Marino.g

Veteran
Booked in to play golf Saturday but if the Weather turns bad then there’s a chance.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
:heat:
Ouch that hurtxx(
Same as everyone else, set up ghosts but none appeared during the race except a few deformed Zombies at the start.
It take it all back about Bkool being better than ever:thumbsdown::gun::evil:
Back to square 1

The ghost you get are predetermined by your own standing.
Sounds like it did what it says on the tin, what's to complain about.

Goldwolfie

Veteran
we have got plenty of members for team beige now Whorty and Jim has jumped up a level.
Come to mention it has anybody noticed that Goldwolfie hasn’t been around lately.

@Marino.g - Yes I’ve not been around since the October Chain Gang rides.

It’s decision time for me, as my Premium membership runs out today.

Unlike a lot of people on here, I’ve not had too many issues with the Bkool software to worry about over the last 2 years.

However, my one major gripe is that I no longer have the email address I used when I created my account, and I will lose all my historical data and stats, as I would need to create a new account with my new email address in order to receive the ‘bingly bongly’ emails of shame from you lot.

I’m not a software expert, but how the software was developed with a customer email address being the unique identifier for your account, beggars belief, or there again, perhaps not.

So where do I go from here:

1. At 66 years of age I’m finding it a struggle chasing you young ‘whipper snappers’ around the virtual world out there.

2. I tried Zwift on their free trial about a year ago, and didn’t really take to it. I thought it was a bit gimmicky and ‘busy’ to the point I didn’t really know what was going on – probably an age thing.

I have no intention of hanging up my cycling shoes just yet, and have signed up for a Beta account on Big Ring VR. I have ridden several of the rides on that platform, and have been well impressed. A good mix of rides and excellent video, and the transitions seem a lot smoother. It is still in development, so it is free at the moment – another benefit for an OAP like me. No racing as yet, but you can add up to 5 previous riders attempts to pace yourself against, so it does for me just now.

That is not to say I won’t be back at some stage in the future, and I will be keeping tabs on what you lot are getting up to on this forum, as it is a good laugh and an enjoyable read.

Also, I would like to thanks @BILL S , @gbrown and all the other admins for setting up all the events which I have really enjoyed over the last 2 years.

Keep on pedalling.

Steve

@Marino.g - Yes I’ve not been around since the October Chain Gang rides.

It’s decision time for me, as my Premium membership runs out today.

Unlike a lot of people on here, I’ve not had too many issues with the Bkool software to worry about over the last 2 years.

However, my one major gripe is that I no longer have the email address I used when I created my account, and I will lose all my historical data and stats, as I would need to create a new account with my new email address in order to receive the ‘bingly bongly’ emails of shame from you lot.

I’m not a software expert, but how the software was developed with a customer email address being the unique identifier for your account, beggars belief, or there again, perhaps not.

So where do I go from here:

1. At 66 years of age I’m finding it a struggle chasing you young ‘whipper snappers’ around the virtual world out there.

2. I tried Zwift on their free trial about a year ago, and didn’t really take to it. I thought it was a bit gimmicky and ‘busy’ to the point I didn’t really know what was going on – probably an age thing.

I have no intention of hanging up my cycling shoes just yet, and have signed up for a Beta account on Big Ring VR. I have ridden several of the rides on that platform, and have been well impressed. A good mix of rides and excellent video, and the transitions seem a lot smoother. It is still in development, so it is free at the moment – another benefit for an OAP like me. No racing as yet, but you can add up to 5 previous riders attempts to pace yourself against, so it does for me just now.

That is not to say I won’t be back at some stage in the future, and I will be keeping tabs on what you lot are getting up to on this forum, as it is a good laugh and an enjoyable read.

Also, I would like to thanks @BILL S , @gbrown and all the other admins for setting up all the events which I have really enjoyed over the last 2 years.

Keep on pedalling.

hi GW, as one OAP (65) to another i hope you do come back, we need to try to keep these (as you put it) whipper snappers in their place and maybe if the handicap series returns we would be in with a chance, i'm hoping to start cycling again (doctors willing) around January, good luck with whatever you do

Top Bottom