Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
Hi Keith

My advice when it comes to finding live races is to come on here first. Find out who is hosting or going the ride (preferably hosting). Then search for their BKOOL name in the simulater. That always works best for me.

As a side note a few of us are off to the Pyrenees next summer. So it would be great if you could do a little trip report to get our mouths watering more than they already are! :smile:

Hope you have a great adventure!
Thank you so much
Hi Keith

My advice when it comes to finding live races is to come on here first. Find out who is hosting or going the ride (preferably hosting). Then search for their BKOOL name in the simulater. That always works best for me.

As a side note a few of us are off to the Pyrenees next summer. So it would be great if you could do a little trip report to get our mouths watering more than they already are! :smile:

Thank you so much for replying, I'll try that next week and hopefully I can actually ride with you next week. This weekend I'm riding pre-pyrenees but still 2500m of climb each of the three days. This summer I did a six day Trans Pyrenees ride, coast to coast, west to east, 800kms and 18,000m of climb. I would be thrilled to be able to give you the benefit of my local knowledge for your upcoming trip,anything you want to know please ask.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You're welcome! You are going well, I tried to get a lead down the hill but my legs just couldn't keep up with you on the flat. I seem to have the power, just not the speed. Maybe with more practice...
Good fun race!
I got 4-5 seconds on you then I could see @BILL S closing in on you. I thought you might latch on to his wheel and reel me back in. Once you lost Bill's wheel I felt a little safer and hoped I could get a bit of draft and pull further away :tongue:

keithaitch

Veteran
Hi Keith

Attachments

• IMG_20170806_203129.jpg
    IMG_20170806_203129.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 30
Hi Keith

@keithaitch
That is the way I find them also. Go to routes click on filter and enter "bill" in BKOOL name field.
To day it returned 2 rides and I should have went to the other one because it was 1/2 mile all downhill.

Rod McG

Über Member
I got 4-5 seconds on you then I could see @BILL S closing in on you. I thought you might latch on to his wheel and reel me back in. Once you lost Bill's wheel I felt a little safer and hoped I could get a bit of draft and pull further away :tongue:
Ha! I'm well aware that I cant keep up with @BILL S! He once slowed down and let me draft him - I cycled faster than ever but it nearly killed me!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I tried to get my new trainer working on BKOOL so I could join you guys but it couldn’t find it. So I’ve sent them a little message, hopefully it’s an easy fix.

Now, now Tommy. You can hardly blame BKool if your gaff is so untidy that you can't find your new Turbo Trainer.
It's probably hidden under a load of your 'all the gear' stuff that no doubt fills your house like some form of mad, but expensive, kleptomania.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
@keithaitch
That is the way I find them also. Go to routes click on filter and enter "bill" in BKOOL name field.
To day it returned 2 rides and I should have went to the other one because it was 1/2 mile all downhill.

I go to the league home page
http://www.bkool.com/community/leagues
Open the session, highlight the title, CNTRL+C
Go to BSIM:
Select in order
Search>Routes>Live>Filter
And CNTRL+V in to the 'Route Name' Field.
Then select the route
Before entering select 'Cylists' to make sure you in the correct ride.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I have an early start tomorrow so off to bed now. I'll leave you with one of my favourite tunes from one of my favourite bands ..... sleep well friends

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384

Had a great time in the mid to late 70's and early to mid 80's at live concerts and festivals in the UK (Many Reading's), Germany (Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Essen, Herfored) and Holland (Pink Pop in Geleen).

To name a few:
Santana
Jethro Tull
Kiss
AC/DC
Thin Lizy
Deep Purple
Led Zepplin
Siouxisie and the Banshees
David Bowie
Toyah Wilcox
Rolling Stones
Meatloaf
Cure
UK Subs
Ramones
The Clash
Psychedelic Furs
Tubes
Talking Heads
The Police
Dire Straits
ELP
Earth Wind and Fire (surprisingly excellent live show)
ELO
Boston
Black Sabbath
Genesis
Peter Frampton
Madness
U2
UB40

But none of them were a touch on seeing Screaming Lord Sutch down at my local in Ashford.

LBHIFI

Veteran
You're welcome! You are going well, I tried to get a lead down the hill but my legs just couldn't keep up with you on the flat. I seem to have the power, just not the speed. Maybe with more practice...
Good fun race!
Just had a quick look at your ride, and think you may have the same Bkool power curve as me. It's notable by having low climb watts compared to avg.
Best explained with a simple diagram:

raw

...meaning that we need more real power in flat an ascend. ( Obviously the diff. doesn't keep increasing, but didn't want to spend too much time drawing :smile:).
Unfortunately the downhill advantage gets "eaten" by blue numbers, so just give you an higher avg. watt, not higher speed.
Look at it the bright way. It means that if we ever catch the front guys in Bkool, we know that we'll absolutely destroy them in real life :boxing::cycle:.

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-24_2-56-36.png
    upload_2017-11-24_2-56-36.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Now, now Tommy. You can hardly blame BKool if your gaff is so untidy that you can't find your new Turbo Trainer.
It's probably hidden under a load of your 'all the gear' stuff that no doubt fills your house like some form of mad, but expensive, kleptomania.

You’re quite right, and I am due an eye test too... It’s very possible I was in fact trying to pair the laptop with the ironing board, using the cats tail as a lead!

LBHIFI

Veteran
You’re quite right, and I am due an eye test too... It’s very possible I was in fact trying to pair the laptop with the ironing board, using the cats tail as a lead!
Try jumping on the lead next time.
I accidentally stepped on the cats tail yesterday, and even though I was in the midst of pulling my jersey over my head and couldn't see anything, there was no doubt in my mind that it was not a power lead I was stepping on. I got the claw marks on my shin to prove it too.

Del C

Veteran
Hi Keith

I've ridden in the Pyrenees a few times. Done the Raid, a couple of Etapes and spent a couple of weeks down there.

Stayed in Lourdes a couple of times (it's a crazy place) and also Luz St Sauveur.

Really like the Pyrenees, although the weather can be quite changeable.

Last time we were there, we started our ascent of the Tourmalet from Saint Marie de Campan in a humid 30C. By the time our group reached the summit, the cloud had closed in and it was snowing. Some guys sheltered in the cafe, others stayed in the ski station 4km from the summit. Unfortunately one of our group crashed on the descent and ended up in hospital!

But apart from that it's a great area! :laugh:

Happy to share any information. When are you going?

BILL S

Guru
Just had a quick look at your ride, and think you may have the same Bkool power curve as me. It's notable by having low climb watts compared to avg.

Your graph looks very similar to mine Lars. I also notice the low climbing watts compared to the way it used to be. I can't understand what this could be caused by considering we mostly all have the same pro units and the same software and firmware. Some seem to be able to make decent watts when climbing but what could be different about their setup?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Your graph looks very similar to mine Lars. I also notice the low climbing watts compared to the way it used to be. I can't understand what this could be caused by considering we mostly all have the same pro units and the same software and firmware. Some seem to be able to make decent watts when climbing but what could be different about their setup?
My watts definitely seem lower when on hills compared to flats or descents. If I wanted to increase my FTP in the old days I'd do 30 mins on Alpe, now I do 30 mins in the Velodrome :smile:

Top Bottom