Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have got some Morphing Training at the weekend.

Trying to look like a lump of plasticine is a real SUPER POWER!
I already do that naturally

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
And listening to Status Quo is really hard work!

Edit... And feking relentless!
Then came a line when the music didn't rhyme
He couldn't find the rhythm 'cause he couldn't find the time
But still the people came to listen to the good times roll
Again again again again, again again again again
Why don't you do it, why don't you do it again

Well that was fun, Anyone want to ride that again!

It's always good old EH for me.
You'll like this one Randy!:

Please, release me, let me go,
For I don't love you anymore.
To waste our lives would be a sin,
Release me and let me love again.

I have found a new love, dear,
And I will always want her near.
Her lips are warm while yours are cold
Release me, my darling, let me go.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?cli...9.0....0...1.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..9.7.2359
Luckily had the ear buds in with Neil Young singing Cortez the Killer.

BILL S

Guru
Great race @Whorty
I don't know if you got off the line well or not but it took you a while to catch up. I thought I'd have no chance with the slope at the end but somehow it looks like we had a draw for the line at least on the road. I did whatever possible to avoid riding like a gentleman and tried to get a draft from you while trying to stop you getting one from me. :blush:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Great race @Whorty
I don't know if you got off the line well or not but it took you a while to catch up. I thought I'd have no chance with the slope at the end but somehow it looks like we had a draw for the line at least on the road. I did whatever possible to avoid riding like a gentleman and tried to get a draft from you while trying to stop you getting one from me. :blush:
:okay: To be honest, I had one aim tonight and that was to beat @Rod McG by 12 seconds as that was how far behind him I was on the GC so I was happy doing the work. And certainly no need to be a gentleman tonight in race mode ^_^ If I for any moment thought I'd still be with you at the end I'd have been the same but I expected you to leave me on the final climb and very surprised to stay with you. On the final descent I was just spinning for dear life :heat: Looks like we got exactly the same time to the 100'th of a second :biggrin: Excellent race - thanks

Whorty

Luckily had the ear buds in with Neil Young singing Cortez the Killer.
I don't have any music on when cycling. Well, let's think about this for a second .....

You guys advised me to get a fan. I did and my times improved
You guys advised me to get a clip in pedals. I did and my times improved
You guys advised me to get a pump for my tyres. I did and my times improved

You all listen to music. maybe I should follow your lead again and play some of my favourite tunes. Now, where is my Spice Girls album :girldance:

keithaitch

Veteran
Well a most frustrating evening for my first attempt to join you guys! Help would be appreciated. 18:50, ready to start and I notice a flat in the rear tyre as I'm about to get on. A quick change of inner tube and with 2 minutes to go to the off, with mucky hands I'm ready to start . but I can't find the ride!!!! In my league rides only three routes showed up, two that I have yet to do and week 3 that I did on my own last week. I had done tonight's route yesterday. Realising I had missed the start by now I challenged Worty to see if that would help, but I just got the route with him and me. Was I looking in the right place? Should I have programmed the route for me for today? I looked in live sessions and it didn't show up......what was i doing wrong? Dispirited I called it a night. Just as well as I hadn't seated the tyre correctly and the new tube blew 10 minutes later, better than if I had found you guys and had blow out at 70 kph! Also, i didn't mind an evening off as tomorrow after work i'm off for a three day 250 mile ride in the Pyrenees but i would like to try to get things sorted out so I could join you next Thursday for week 5 of the November league. Sorry to be a pain, I'm sure I can get things sorted out and be a meaningful, contributing member of the team !

Last edited:

Whorty

Damn, completely caught off guard by that start. Stuck on the startline - and in the wrong gear.
That was brutal, even with the "flat" section being a lot less than 20 minutes, GoldenCheetah still told me I did the 5th highest 20 min power this year. HR averaged 7 beats below max.
I was expecting you to come flying past me on the 'flat'.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hi Keith

My advice when it comes to finding live races is to come on here first. Find out who is hosting or going the ride (preferably hosting). Then search for their BKOOL name in the simulater. That always works best for me.

As a side note a few of us are off to the Pyrenees next summer. So it would be great if you could do a little trip report to get our mouths watering more than they already are! :smile:

Hope you have a great adventure!

Rod McG

Über Member
:okay: To be honest, I had one aim tonight and that was to beat @Rod McG by 12 seconds as that was how far behind him I was on the GC so I was happy doing the work. And certainly no need to be a gentleman tonight in race mode ^_^ If I for any moment thought I'd still be with you at the end I'd have been the same but I expected you to leave me on the final climb and very surprised to stay with you. On the final descent I was just spinning for dear life :heat: Looks like we got exactly the same time to the 100'th of a second :biggrin: Excellent race - thanks
You're welcome! You are going well, I tried to get a lead down the hill but my legs just couldn't keep up with you on the flat. I seem to have the power, just not the speed. Maybe with more practice...
Good fun race!

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I could do with a few more ups as I seem to be stronger going uphill ... not that I'm that much of a climber, more a puncheur, but descending I just end up spinning out, and can't maintain the revs.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Then came a line when the music didn't rhyme
He couldn't find the rhythm 'cause he couldn't find the time
But still the people came to listen to the good times roll

Well that was fun, Anyone want to ride that again!

I can still remember it well:
1974 and 14 years old sitting in my mates lving room with the record playing in a wide low teak cabinet tastefully housing an SW/AM/FM radio and two 'Stereo' speakers as well.
You had to sit in absolute silence for both sides of the LP whilst nodding your head to the beat.
My favourite Quo track was Backwater:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLgZJKUk5AU

Top Bottom