Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

humphuk

Regular
Oh - re heart rate. 185 max (can see that running, its about 182 on a bike). Hasnt really changed much over the last decade. 77kg (I know....but I am trying!) which goes up every year

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm not riding and i would really have bern last! Aim to beat 1 hour though!
I lost my chain twice, the first time took me ages to get it back on, so lost about 3-4 minutes .... would still have been last, and would still not have beaten the 1 hour mark :surrender: That was hard work :B)

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
So, I just got my legs ripped off by a bunch of 50 somethings....somewhat depressing being on the wrong side of mid 50s myself. I got off twice - once to open the patio door on overheating....once to move my turbo back....as it had moved forward...jammed under the table and I was dripping on the dining room carpet. I did this strategically on the downhill bits, not to lose too much time! Most importantly, I am having fun. Cheers guys
Sounds like you're missing an important piece of kit.
https://www.uline.com/BL_3875/Drum-...VEFQYCh0B8gYwEAAYASAAEgL3MPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Ask @Whorty about various benefits he has discovered :whistle:

Whorty

So, I just got my legs ripped off by a bunch of 50 somethings....somewhat depressing being on the wrong side of mid 50s myself. I got off twice - once to open the patio door on overheating....once to move my turbo back....as it had moved forward...jammed under the table and I was dripping on the dining room carpet. I did this strategically on the downhill bits, not to lose too much time! Most importantly, I am having fun. Cheers guys
I just couldn't hold on to you, your far too strong a climber for me. I was already just under 2 mins down when my chain came off the first time, and then over 5 minutes behind by the time I got the chain back on and started riding again. I need to get below 80 kg, and preferably closer to 75 kg to stand any chance against you guys on the climbs :sweat: Looked like a great battle up ahead though ... well done everyone tonight :okay:

Whorty

Yes, a fan I have learned is a must. Having ridden without one for over a year, suddenly listening to your advice and installing a fan in the man cave has made so much difference. I used to overheat badly before .... can't imagine now how I managed to ride without a fan!

Whorty

Looking at your numbers it looks like you're a lightweight, and young? Cadence is fine, the odd spike but a lowish average of 75rpm. Also you burnt a low calorie amount compared to a bigger rider.

You're a true climber, like Berty
Edit found your weight 65kg,
20 kg lighter than me, and even more lighter than you @CXRAndy ..... wouldn't it be nice to only be that light when climbing up hills (but get our normal weight back when going down the other side) :laugh:

Whorty

:laugh::becool::laugh::laugh::laugh::becool:

I'm away this weekend so won't be able to ride the re-run either but will try and do it early next week.

It'll be interesting to see how I compare with the lighter guys in their fifties that gave it a go tonight!
These 50 year olds are an inspiration ...... or on some good meds .... I look forward to a couple of years time when I hit 50 as maybe that will be my peak of cycling fitness and speed :biggrin:

Top Bottom