Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Sweat corrosion! Mates handlebar snapped on his turbo bike on an outdoor ride last weekend and this other guy Today. May be worth checking your bars.

7B52D534-41EB-4CB9-845C-17D271C43DEA.jpeg
1C5CD621-0A5B-4B7F-BD36-FC5CF1AD9A8E.jpeg

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Sweat corrosion! Mates handlebar snapped on his turbo bike on an outdoor ride last weekend and this other guy Today. May be worth checking your bars.

View attachment 391392 View attachment 391393
I had to replace various bolts for the stem due to corrosion... nothing like the smell of sweaty bacon...
I also had a cable hanger thingy bolt snap where it goes into the frame... that was scary putting a new rivet into a carbon frame myself...

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I haven't got any and have drank none since 1 glass on the 27th December

So that’s why you’re a grumpy puss

AAAC 76C

Large Member

View attachment 391392 View attachment 391393

What does your mate eat wasabi and chilli burgers washed down with a bit of hydrochloric acid.
I have re-taped my bars once a year or more and have never seen any corrosion.
But then again 'I'm a Lady'.
He could do with a better fan and that doesn't look like the average indoor room to me so perhaps the environment has had something to do with it.
Also note he corrosion of the brifter bolts.
Thats two different sets of handle bars as the same side is broken in two different places.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Mates is the first one and he does a lot more mileage on turbo and IRL. That’s not his best bike so doesn’t receive the care and attention it might have done. Could in part be down to quality of tape/taping.
I had mine checked when tape changed for Ventoux trip and it was squeaky clean but then I run two fans when I am on turbo.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::wacko::wacko::wacko:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Think about your health man... that kind of withdrawal can be dangerous...

I've been thinking that myself.
I have been a bit light headed all day today and was wondering whether to BKool or not but the BKool god made that decision for me.
Perhaps my blood is getting a bit thick and affecting my blood pressure hence my blip last week after training and another smaller one yesterday morning.
I am just hanging in there long enough to do the NC and perhaps have another birthday as well.
I must check my life insurance as well!

Top Bottom