Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I've been thinking that myself.
I have been a bit light headed all day today and was wondering whether to BKool or not but the BKool god made that decision for me.
Perhaps my blood is getting a bit thick and affecting my blood pressure hence my blip last week after training and another smaller one yesterday morning.
I am just hanging in there long enough to do the NC and perhaps have another birthday as well.
I must check my life insurance as well!

My god! Get that man a drink!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Pink gin? :girl:

Slo Gin, that's a though my wife has got some home made hooch in the cupboard that she will never drink in a month of Sundays.
I will switch it with some blackcurrent juice and put a load of ginger in it.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Mates is the first one and he does a lot more mileage on turbo and IRL. That’s not his best bike so doesn’t receive the care and attention it might have done. Could in part be down to quality of tape/taping.
I had mine checked when tape changed for Ventoux trip and it was squeaky clean but then I run two fans when I am on turbo.

I’ve had my commuting bike for 20 years nearly I think. And it’s often been in the rain while I’m working. I use it on the turbo too. When I change the bar tape I don’t remeber ever seeing any build up of anything.

I’d really be interested to know when he last changed his tape. I’ve never seen that before. I’m just surprised the bar tape hasn’t worn out and he’s noticed the corrosion before it’s got to that stage.

Did he stay upright?

keithaitch

Veteran
Ha! Appreciate the vote of confidence Keith but I think that’s bloody mindedness over athletic ability... :smile:

Also how long have you lived in Spain for? Great photo (Consider me bloody jealous!)
I've been here for 27 years and count myself very lucky to be able to cycle outdoors, on great roads, pretty much all year, it's no surprise so many professionals are based in Girona. That said we have a house over the border in France, near Beziers, where the cycling is even better, roads so quiet and in such good condition you wouldn't believe. 2019 meet up? and @AAAC 76C the decent red at the bar in the village is 90p a glass!

<Tommy>

That could be your tag line (for the ladies?).... 'lots of power.. not much staying power...' :becool:

^_^

I’m sure I’ve used worse chat up lines

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Uphill at the end? Especially now the reports suggest bkool watts more accurate now on inclines
The handicap is based on the time we completed the course the previous time, so watts are completely irrelevant. We start at a staggered time so that we all finish roughly the same time.

<Tommy>

I've been here for 27 years and count myself very lucky to be able to cycle outdoors, on great roads, pretty much all year, it's no surprise so many professionals are based in Girona. That said we have a house over the border in France, near Beziers, where the cycling is even better, roads so quiet and in such good condition you wouldn't believe. 2019 meet up? and @AAAC 76C the decent red at the bar in the village is 90p a glass!

Yep, getting more jealous by the minute!

I’d love to live in a country with all year good weather to be honest. And it sounds like you’ve nailed it :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I banged off another couple of emails to them this morning demonstrating their failings... it’s such a shame they keep mucking stuff up.
I tried that for about 2 months over the summer .... they are too thick to understand what you're saying to them. Did the same on Facebook and PM on Facebook ... same ponitless response.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I’ve had my commuting bike for 20 years nearly I think. And it’s often been in the rain while I’m working. I use it on the turbo too. When I change the bar tape I don’t remeber ever seeing any build up of anything.

I’d really be interested to know when he last changed his tape. I’ve never seen that before. I’m just surprised the bar tape hasn’t worn out and he’s noticed the corrosion before it’s got to that stage.

Did he stay upright?

He did. Not going to fast either as it snapped.
There’s been quite a few of these on Zwift riders and probably to do with people using old bikes on their trainers.

Top Bottom