Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
DBDC9018-E4CC-4E69-9723-088C5F7B69D8.png I got on to the sim with only part of it loading - no training sessions, favourites etc, so I can’t load my ride. But what’s worse is I appear to have changed race and I have a whole new look - check out my avatar in the picture...

I’m wearing well for a Vet 2.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
View attachment 391430 I got on to the sim with only part of it loading - no training sessions, favourites etc, so I can’t load my ride. But what’s worse is I appear to have changed race and I have a whole new look - check out my avatar in the picture...

:laugh:

You’ve got to give them credit, they’re always thinking of new creative ways to bugger things up!

I was planning to do the nations cup ride in a bit. Fingers crossed.

keithaitch

Veteran
I was all booked up and ready to go to Barcelona in early December with the family. But then I got overwhelmed by a tsunami of crap at work. Bit gutted at the time. The missus wasn’t exactly overjoyed either...

But on reflection, going there with my bike rather than my family, does have its own appeal! :smile:

(And no @AAAC, ‘my bike’ isnt a slang term for my mistress!) :stop:
Next time for sure.
View attachment 391430 I got on to the sim with only part of it loading - no training sessions, favourites etc, so I can’t load my ride. But what’s worse is I appear to have changed race and I have a whole new look - check out my avatar in the picture...

Looking good Jim, I can't get in either, though now wasn't planning to until possibly this afternoon. I'm going to write and ask about refunds, in a snarky way.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Next time for sure.

Looking good Jim, I can't get in either, though now wasn't planning to until possibly this afternoon. I'm going to write and ask about refunds, in a snarky way.

Hi Keith, be careful what you ask for, in the past they have immediately refunded and stopped the subscription. So unless you really want to leave, I wouldn’t go there. It is infuriating though. I got up early to go out and it’s bloody awful up here, so Bkool it is..(or isn’t) as it turns out.

It’s all the new subscribers and purchasers I feel sorry for.

I cant imagine Bkool working too hard today to fix the problem, they probably aren’t aware it’s broked.

keithaitch

Veteran
Hi Keith, be careful what you ask for, in the past they have immediately refunded and stopped the subscription. So unless you really want to leave, I wouldn’t go there. It is infuriating though. I got up early to go out and it’s bloody awful up here, so Bkool it is..(or isn’t) as it turns out.

It’s all the new subscribers and purchasers I feel sorry for.

I cant imagine Bkool working too hard today to fix the problem, they probably aren’t aware it’s broked.
Thx for the heads up Jim. Yes I recommendedb the product to a friend who got it for his kids for Christmas, I feel ashamed and responsible, at least I've told them about Bigring, which if they do get leagues going is where I'll be heading. I'll see if it's up later for a little ride possibly, if not at lreast I could ride yesterday and did, I feel sorry for you guys who are more dependant on a trainer to keep fit.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Thx for the heads up Jim. Yes I recommendedb the product to a friend who got it for his kids for Christmas, I feel ashamed and responsible, at least I've told them about Bigring, which if they do get leagues going is where I'll be heading. I'll see if it's up later for a little ride possibly, if not at lreast I could ride yesterday and did, I feel sorry for you guys who are more dependant on a trainer to keep fit.

I suppose I could learn how to enjoy cycling in the rain.. :bicycle::cold: but it plays hell with my bladder...

Edit- & my hair, & it makes my bike dirty and it’s not much fun...

<Tommy>

There is of course other training platforms. Mentioning the ‘Z’ word can result in page after page of 5 paragraph essays from the respective flag bearers, and that would be a shame on a Sunday!

I think the normal conclusion after battle lines have been drawn and then death toll counted! :B). Is that the BKOOL community here is great, even if the software isn’t... so it just comes down to your tolerance levels in the end.

keithaitch

Veteran
There is of course other training platforms. Mentioning the ‘Z’ word can result in page after page of 5 paragraph essays from the respective flag bearers, and that would be a shame on a Sunday!

I think the normal conclusion after battle lines have been drawn and then death toll counted! :B). Is that the BKOOL community here is great, even if the software isn’t... so it just comes down to your tolerance levels in the end.
Concur 100% about the community here. I've just succesfully installed Bigring and have decided that if bkool is down when i plan to ride then I'll ride a climb there. I don't want to get into the Z thing and have to pay again for what bkool should supply. Let's see how things develop, if bkool gets it's act together (note the self delusional optimism) then great, if bigring get flatter rides and leagues then great, if neither of these then time to think again.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Especially for @Aleman. Don't tell me this doesn't look like a climb, the Med in the far distance is horizontal and I'd done 900m in 17kms of constant up to get here. It's the other side of the climb you did on bigring last week just twice as much climb and twice as many kms. I hope these photos serve as inspiration for those of you unable to get outdoors. Real rides still exist, and when the weather improves all the bkool training will mean you get bkool fairy dust in real life too. If anybody is genuinely offended I'll obviously stop posting, if anybody thinks I'm just taking the piss then I'll obviously continue posting.
Doing that ride today on BRVR ;)

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Concur 100% about the community here. I've just succesfully installed Bigring and have decided that if bkool is down when i plan to ride then I'll ride a climb there. I don't want to get into the Z thing and have to pay again for what bkool should supply. Let's see how things develop, if bkool gets it's act together (note the self delusional optimism) then great, if bigring get flatter rides and leagues then great, if neither of these then time to think again.

Here Here..:bravo:

I hereby exercise my right to whinge, moan and complain about Bkool and their inability to offer me value for money... And not leave to join Zits or bigRing or TR or anyone else..:heat:

Last edited:

<Tommy>

It’s blind optimism that’s got me this far in life so I can’t knock it at all mate! :thumbsup:. I’m still very much hoping that when / if they release their own direct drive trainer, then it might improve things in the long term for guys on other turbos other than bkool’s

Here Here..:bravo:

I hereby exercise my right to whinge, moan and complain about Bkool and their inability to offer me value for money... And not leave to join Zits or bigRing or TR or anyone else..:heat:

It is our god given right Jimbo! ^_^

I’m not ready to say goodbye to BKOOL yet even though it’s bloody cr@p at times. It’s still too much fun!

You could sign up to another platform though, ecspecially BRVR as it offers something a little different. Just for those times when BKOOL and the Scottish weather lets you down.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
It’s blind optimism that’s got me this far in life so I can’t knock it at all mate! :thumbsup:. I’m still very much hoping that when / if they release their own direct drive trainer, then it might improve things in the long term for guys on other turbos other than bkool’s

It is our god given right Jimbo! ^_^

Just for those times when BKOOL and the Scottish weather lets you down.

Aye, you’re right TT, far too often these days.... is it still buckshee?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Aye, you’re right TT, far too often these days.... is it still buckshee?
Yes, and the support team respond to issues with fixes within 3 days of actually raising a problem, which isn't a show stopping problem, just a little annoyance you notice trying to run BRVR on a different machine rather than your Pain Cave machine ... Excellent

Top Bottom