Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Well I just tried out Bsim. Interesting take on stability and recovering 100% 'normalcy'!

No league, group or scheduled rides available.

Joined the Vattenfall classics live sessions a spectator. The counter showed 270 current live riders. When I joined there were actually 30, made up of 18 live riders, 9 ghosts almost riding as a group in the middle of the rather strung out 'peloton' and 3 Terry Lapdogs on the start line with one of the live riders.

Tried using the filter on all rides and entered Galibier as the filter. I was offered a number of rides, chose one and it failed to load.

Looks a big mess still to me this morning!

I looked at Rouvy last week and again last night. Looks similar in layout to Bkool, but whether it is more reliable I don't know. It doesn't run on MacBooks, so for now it's not really an option for me, unless I load a Windows emulator or try and dig out an old Windows PC.

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
Concerning rouvy
I downloaded and installed yesterday but was unable to connect my trainer. I had the problem this morning so emailed them. Initially meantime I went bkool and found the trainer the trainer wasn't connecting. I unplugged and a plugged in again success. So I went to rouvy and it now found the trainer and I was able to do a trial. I more trials, focusing on reliability and features as it seems, as @bobinski said, as though it was developed by ex bkoolers or just copied. However, on the plus side I got a personal, helpful reply to my email within an hour.As I have now established contact with Jacob, I'm going to ask a some questions about the product, in particular if concern to us, about the possibility of leagues. I'll keep you posted

bridgy

Legendary Member
I went outside again today, 2-3C and felt a bit nippy! :cold:

So back to the Handicap, is NC stage 1 a reasonable stage to try out, presuming Bkool allow us to run. Got to get a league up soon or it won'r start in time for Tuesday.

Geoff
I think that would be perfect @gbrown . You may have to refer to Keith's spreadsheet for everyone's times because amongst all their other problems Bkool seem unable to update their league results at the moment so there's only two times showing currently!

keithaitch

Veteran
I think that would be perfect @gbrown . You may have to refer to Keith's spreadsheet for everyone's times because amongst all their other problems Bkool seem unable to update their league results at the moment so there's only two times showing currently!
@gbrown here is a link to the spreadsheet. Week 1 is sourby whatever, which I too think would be a good course.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nmy2_7_XvhHQRD4FC064vEjKty8/edit?usp=drivesdk

However, I think trying to do it as a Handicap next Tuesday rather than tomorrow might be more realistic given recent/current problems with the sim.

keithaitch

Veteran
Another quick reply from rouvy.looks like we could develop a fudge or work around to get what we want Onward with the investigation. I don't have much free time in the couple of weeks ,so the more of us who install it and try it out the better.
Lukas Toth (Help Desk)

Jan 15, 10:44 CET

Hi Keith,

You are welcome!

It's a little bit larger project. It could be a great chance for us but I'm afraid we don't have a capacity to create/develop something that could be good for you.
We do have a Cycling career progress but it's for all users. We also have the online races where you can race against each other or create the online races for the upcoming month and after that check the leaders or something.

But it's not possible to create a league in a short time period. :sad: But I will forward this suggestion to the higher department and we will see what they will think about it.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
R-T

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
It's back!
And leagues, group rides and favourites are showing again!! :hyper:

It can't last!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::banghead::banghead::banghead:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Another quick reply from rouvy.looks like we could develop a fudge or work around to get what we want Onward with the investigation. I don't have much free time in the couple of weeks ,so the more of us who install it and try it out the better.
Lukas Toth (Help Desk)

Jan 15, 10:44 CET

Hi Keith,

You are welcome!

It's a little bit larger project. It could be a great chance for us but I'm afraid we don't have a capacity to create/develop something that could be good for you.
We do have a Cycling career progress but it's for all users. We also have the online races where you can race against each other or create the online races for the upcoming month and after that check the leaders or something.

But it's not possible to create a league in a short time period. :sad: But I will forward this suggestion to the higher department and we will see what they will think about it.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
R-T
To be fair, even with Zwift, the racing side of things and the results/league tables had to be set up by users rather than Zwift themselves and is still run on a third party website (albeit with support from Zwift). It may be that we have to find a platform that works well for us and then run the league results etc. separately ( a more sophisticated version of Keith's spreadsheet!)

I'll try and have a go at Rouvy soon to see what it's like. I use Zwift as well as Bkool and although it's very good, and obviously better in many ways, there are several elements of Bkool that I do prefer to Zwift - would be good to try and find something that gives the best of both worlds!

keithaitch

Veteran
To be fair, even with Zwift, the racing side of things and the results/league tables had to be set up by users rather than Zwift themselves and is still run on a third party website (albeit with support from Zwift). It may be that we have to find a platform that works well for us and then run the league results etc. separately ( a more sophisticated version of Keith's spreadsheet!)

I'll try and have a go at Rouvy soon to see what it's like. I use Zwift as well as Bkool and although it's very good, and obviously better in many ways, there are several elements of Bkool that I do prefer to Zwift - would be good to try and find something that gives the best of both worlds!
I'm continuing to look into rouvy, though not in riding mode and probably won't be able to until wednesday or Friday. I think we can only get video or map options, but I think once there are 4 or 5 of us there we should do a trial race, though not necessarily at full pace, just to see what it's like and how we could then record the results. For me this is looking like the best option, if it pans out, to replace bkool unless they get their act together pretty smartish. That said my bkool subscription is annual, renewed in august so I'll be here till then though once the clocks go foirward at the end of March then it's back to the rw for me...though I might be tempted to drop in for the odd Thursday evening thrash I'm enjoying riding with you guys so much!

Breedon

Legendary Member
I'm continuing to look into rouvy, though not in riding mode and probably won't be able to until wednesday or Friday. I think we can only get video or map options, but I think once there are 4 or 5 of us there we should do a trial race, though not necessarily at full pace, just to see what it's like and how we could then record the results. For me this is looking like the best option, if it pans out, to replace bkool unless they get their act together pretty smartish. That said my bkool subscription is annual, renewed in august so I'll be here till then though once the clocks go foirward at the end of March then it's back to the rw for me...though I might be tempted to drop in for the odd Thursday evening thrash I'm enjoying riding with you guys so much!
If you want a guinea pig for testing the race feature let me know

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Ahh feck :cursing: :cursing:. I've found some inventive ways of putting my back out but this morning was something entirely new. I was sitting on a chair not twisting or turning waiting for a piece of test equipment to finish turning on when I yawned :blink:. Just a simple yawn, not a full body arm stretching yawn, just head slightly back mouth open yawn.

My back then decides nope. You shouldn't be doing that and locks up. Can't lean forward to stand or back to relax. I'm stuck there waiting for my back to release enough to allow me to move, it takes about 10 minutes.

I've just got home from the osteopath feeling battered and bruised but flexible and back pain free. I may have to skip the sessions tonight though :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:.

Top Bottom