Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Rouvy looks pretty good. I suggest we all take advantage of their 2 week free trial and report back. I can't find leagues but we have already found a way round that in terms of recording. @JJRobinson to save us all doing the investiagtion and as you seem to know most about rouvy, do you know if we can ride together, even if it isn't in an organised league and then record times elsewhere? Also what do you see as the benefits of bkool, when it works, over rouvy, so we know the things we would lose and can think of how to get round them.
I've tried Rouvy earlier just quick rides to get a feel for it, im very impressed tbh very much like bkool but alot lot better, you can do races on various courses flat, tt, climbs, mtb courses as well lots of routes setting up a race/league would from the looks of to be simple you would have to set up a league system with a spreadsheet.
It's full of info on screen AND it shows what trainers people have used for that ride, it's a quìck write up but I'm loving it already.

They must still be working on the fix. the Bsim is stalled out again here. Better get any kind of ride in today because just found out thanks to @TurboTommy there is a miles ridden\dessert ratio.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I've tried Rouvy earlier just quick rides to get a feel for it, im very impressed tbh very much like bkool but alot lot better, you can do races on various courses flat, tt, climbs, mtb courses as well lots of routes setting up a race/league would from the looks of to be simple you would have to set up a league system with a spreadsheet.
It's full of info on screen AND it shows what trainers people have used for that ride, it's a quìck write up but I'm loving it already.
I'm sure they could put a league system in place if there was sufficient numbers of people interested; and we all know that leagues are great to attract people onto a platform... look at the number of riders on the bkool WC and SC's.
As long as it supports all trainers on a level playing field... that and a league is what we are looking for.

keithaitch

Veteran
What trainer are you using @Breedon I couldn't get it to link to my bkool pro, it seemed to have problems finding ant+ dongle then never found the trainer which was on.

Breedon

Legendary Member
@keithaitch just tryed my bkool classic on rouvy it does seem to pick it up stright away,ant does say connecting but i can select or deselect the trainer

AAAC 76C

Large Member
@keithaitch just tryed my bkool classic on rouvy it does seem to pick it up stright away,ant does say connecting but i can select or deselect the trainer

Had a look at the website and is has the BKool Logo among other trainer brands so I assume they should.
I'll give it a look later this week.
I had about 19 minutes on BRVR but because I had my mind on doing a WC Session with ghosts I got bored pretty quick.

PS Jim: If you have set up your google account then you probably need to go to settings and go through all of the tabs and then it should all work.

upload_2018-1-14_21-31-52.png

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I've just emailed Rouvy about leagues yo see if they have them or are looking at setting them up, along with races etc. Hopefully I'll get something back from them tomorrow!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well there's nothing like a cock-up in the BSim to make this forum busy.
Decided to try and do a WC ride myself tonight but experienced all of the problems everyone else did.
Ended up doing 75 km of the Wattenfel Classics, whatever it is called.
Never have I been so glad for the Sim to crash on me after just over and hour and just under 50 km.
I was well and truly boll@ckst.

My subs are due on 3/3/18 so I must remember that.
I'm paying monthly currently .... when everyone jumps ship, I'll be ready to join the lifeboat too :okay:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
I was looking at one of the Danish rides that @Brusgaard recorded and put on Youtube.
I don't this a merry little band absconding is going to impact BKool too much.
I am expecting an e-mail this week apologising for the problems.
The thing is though we know plenty of people who may want to try it out and if it's better why stay?

Last edited:
Top Bottom