Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
4.3W/Kg Bkool Pro
3.5W/Kg Wahoo Kickr

Bkool Pro run below

View attachment 392057

Wahoo Kickr
View attachment 392065
Using your Time, Power and Speed and applying the same % Pro fairy dust to my numbers I get something like

Carl
Pro Time: 34.36 Speed: 44.7 Power: 317
Kickr (derived) Time: 39.6 Speed: 37.7 Power: 250

I know it's not totally scientific and each machine is different, but at least it sets my expectations of where I will end up when I get the Kickr of Geoff and how far down the pack I'm going to drop.

Gonna need to start to work really hard again to get myself back into mid table rankings :tongue:

Edit : looking at the last race this puts me around the same time as @Del C and not too far off @Jim Brown ..... so I'm looking forward to racing you guys ..... be kind to me :surrender:

Last edited:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Using your Time, Power and Speed and applying the same % Pro fairy dust to my numbers I get something like

Carl

I know it's not totally scientific and each machine is different, but at least it sets my expectations of where I will end up when I get the Kickr of Geoff and how far down the pack I'm going to drop.

Gonna need to start to work really hard again to get myself back into mid table rankings :tongue:

My Pro has been working properly for ages now... :reading:

CXRAndy

Guru
I know it's not totally scientific and each machine is different, but at least it sets my expectations of where I will end up when I get the Kickr of Geoff

Really pleased you decided to go for the Kickr Carl.:okay: It would of been a bit of an extravagant purchase, having two Kickrs, so my kids/ wife could jump in and try. My other option is to buy the Bkool(borrowed) so my kids can get into indoor training, then upgrade.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
OK sorry guys not joining the NC quali tonight. Discretion is the better part of avoiding a back problem. I had a little warning earlier today and I don't want to repeat the visit to the osteopath. So stretching and heat tonight and maybe have a go at the NC3 tomorrow. I was doing so well not missing sessions but I've dropped 3 in the last 4 days :cursing::banghead:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
OK sorry guys not joining the NC quali tonight. Discretion is the better part of avoiding a back problem. I had a little warning earlier today and I don't want to repeat the visit to the osteopath. So stretching and heat tonight and maybe have a go at the NC3 tomorrow. I was doing so well not missing sessions but I've dropped 3 in the last 4 days :cursing::banghead:
I'll be missing the NC too tonight due to various reasons .... hopefully will try to do the re-run Saturday :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
What even is this thing of which you speak? If it involves ‘qualifying’ I appreciate it probably doesn’t concern me, but still curious. If however it is a ‘boatrace’ you might be interested in seeing me perform.
As well as being a normal chaingang league open to anyone, it is also the qualifying league for selecting the 5 man team for the Nations Cup in Feb - http://www.bkoolnationscup.com/

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Carl

Carl congratulations mate! You won’t regret it I’m sure. If i were you I’d carry on using the pro unit in BKOOL.

peterob

Veteran
A quick Rouvy update. I hoped to write a more detailed appraisal of the platform and its simulator but haven't had time today for work reasons. Work don't you just hate how it gets in the way of cycling! I have done one race, against ghosts (no bots) though I didn't complete it, too tired after yesterday and saving energy for tomorrow! Perhaps I shouldn't have chosen a 13 km 8% climb! The video streamed exceptionally well, but the was NO DRAFTING and NO ON SCREEN REPRESENTATION of other riders. The on screen metrics were good though, better than bkool in my opinion , for example it gave details of the other riders speed and watts. the display and overall experience in general was really good, the data seemed pretty accurate and the gradient changes much smoother than bkool. Other things to mention so far. It seems like a complete platform, though only offering video or map options. The races are easy to set up and can be password protected. There is no league facility. The response s from the help desk have been quick, within two hours, personal, helpful and courteous. The app looks good but the Sim is NOT available for Mac Os yet. I would recommend people try it out and if anybody wants to join the race/group bumble, its set for 19:30 tomorrow (but you can join earlier and it then starts automatically at start time, ill be there from 19:20) it will be an easy warm up for tomorrow's main event! I'm there as keithaitch and then, once installed, in the online races option look for chaingang rouvy test#1 and register. The password is chase.
If there is other functionality people who aren't going to test it out want checking out let me know and I'll look into it. I'll write a more comprehensive review, highlighting pros and cons vis a vis other platforms after tomorrows race and a bit more playing around with it on my own, if that doesn't make me go blind!

@keithaitch - Is this still planned for tonight? And when you say 19:30 I presume you mean 19:30 Barcelona time (i.e. 18:30 UK) so that it doesn't clash with CG3 (unless of course we complete CG3 in 20 mins!) :laugh:

I assume we'll just do a little 'pretend' race and report back on how it went.

CXRAndy

Guru
Brother in-law bling!

20180118_181207.jpg

Top Bottom