Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
San Andres Isla tonight at 7pm. Round 3 of the Nations Cup qualifier (Chaingang).

Still no sign of the times updating in the bkool league results. Fortunately we have Keith's spreadsheet. :thumbsup:

CXRAndy

Guru

JJRobinson

A quick Rouvy update. I hoped to write a more detailed appraisal of the platform and its simulator but haven't had time today for work reasons. Work don't you just hate how it gets in the way of cycling! I have done one race, against ghosts (no bots) though I didn't complete it, too tired after yesterday and saving energy for tomorrow! Perhaps I shouldn't have chosen a 13 km 8% climb! The video streamed exceptionally well, but the was NO DRAFTING and NO ON SCREEN REPRESENTATION of other riders. The on screen metrics were good though, better than bkool in my opinion , for example it gave details of the other riders speed and watts. the display and overall experience in general was really good, the data seemed pretty accurate and the gradient changes much smoother than bkool. Other things to mention so far. It seems like a complete platform, though only offering video or map options. The races are easy to set up and can be password protected. There is no league facility. The response s from the help desk have been quick, within two hours, personal, helpful and courteous. The app looks good but the Sim is NOT available for Mac Os yet. I would recommend people try it out and if anybody wants to join the race/group bumble, its set for 19:30 tomorrow (but you can join earlier and it then starts automatically at start time, ill be there from 19:20) it will be an easy warm up for tomorrow's main event! I'm there as keithaitch and then, once installed, in the online races option look for chaingang rouvy test#1 and register. The password is chase.
If there is other functionality people who aren't going to test it out want checking out let me know and I'll look into it. I'll write a more comprehensive review, highlighting pros and cons vis a vis other platforms after tomorrows race and a bit more playing around with it on my own, if that doesn't make me go blind!
Asked them if they had any plans to implement drafting/on screen rep and got quick honest reply which was nice but obviously doesn’t help at the mo
————
We didn't think about the "drafting" feature but the visual simulation of other riders is in progress now. We hope we will have a beta this year.
So you can be looking forward to this feature! :smile:
————

keithaitch

Veteran
San Andres Isla tonight at 7pm. Round 3 of the Nations Cup qualifier (Chaingang).

Still no sign of the times updating in the bkool league results. Fortunately we have Keith's spreadsheet. :thumbsup:
Just a reminder to anybody who hasn't registered a time for NCQ 2 or that has bettered their posted time here's the link to the spreadsheet. If you don't want to/can't enter the time yourself, tell me here and I'll update it for you.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_4H13gACNHU_R87lnmy2_7_XvhHQRD4FC064vEjKty8/edit?usp=sharing

keithaitch

Veteran
Asked them if they had any plans to implement drafting/on screen rep and got quick honest reply which was nice but obviously doesn’t help at the mo
————
We didn't think about the "drafting" feature but the visual simulation of other riders is in progress now. We hope we will have a beta this year.
So you can be looking forward to this feature! :smile:
————
Yes JJ I've found their support quick, helpful and courteous in contrast to Bkool! I think if bkool goes bust and we fracture into racers and trainers with the racers going to Zwift at the moment I would end up at Rouvy as I'm more concerned with training and they seem to have a more complete package than BigringVR.

simonsch

Just a reminder to anybody who hasn't registered a time for NCQ 2 or that has bettered their posted time here's the link to the spreadsheet. If you don't want to/can't enter the time yourself, tell me here and I'll update it for you.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_4H13gACNHU_R87lnmy2_7_XvhHQRD4FC064vEjKty8/edit?usp=sharing

Is there a deadline for doing that, for it to count? I had planned to do a NCQ2 but, what with the downtime on the weekend, haven't managed yet.

bobinski

Legendary Member

CXRAndy

Guru
Screenshot_20180118-133735.jpg
Andy when i click it says its private. Possibly because i dont have an account-can you post a few pics?

Im locked out of my own account for some reason

Here is Strava. https://www.strava.com/activities/1362959249/analysis
Got back in

I had to get off bike to refit dropped chain. My time moving 30'30 I think

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I can't see those Bkool links either Andy. But if you're suggesting the 5.5w/kg I did was potentially beyond me in real life - HOW VERY DARE YOU! :stop:

Seriously though, I'm not surprised at all by the difference, but it's good to see the direct comparisons. Bkool know about this and have never bothered to do anything about it - I'm curious as to what will happen when customers who like to race upgrade their Bkool Pro's to the new Power meter equipped trainer that Bkool have brought out (*clicks on Bkool Facebook page visitor posts.... :popcorn:*)

Why do you think you were slower up that initial hill on the Bkool trainer by the way?

P.S. Great time by the way Andy (on the Bkool!)

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
I can't see those Bkool links either Andy. But if you're suggesting the 5.5w/kg I did was potentially beyond me in real life - HOW VERY DARE YOU! :stop:

Seriously though, I'm not surprised at all by the difference, but it's good to see the direct comparisons. Bkool know about this and have never bothered to do anything about it - I'm curious as to what will happen when customers who like to race upgrade their Bkool Pro's to the new Power meter equipped trainer that Bkool have brought out (*clicks on Bkool Facebook page visitor posts.... :popcorn:*)

Why do you think you were slower up that initial hill on the Bkool trainer by the way?

P.S. Great time by the way Andy (on the Bkool!)

4.3W/Kg Bkool Pro
3.5W/Kg Wahoo Kickr

Bkool Pro run below

bkool Stouby Sejet.png

Wahoo Kickr
Stouby Sejet Kickr.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom