Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Errmm, @Whorty I was waiting for you :angel:, and as for sweating on your own .... I think I was on my own for most of the race. For some reason neither @Rod McG or @Del C seemed to be happy with me drafting them to recover once I had made the catch but wanted me to take the front and do some work ... So I did ^_^:bicycle:

Anyway, having seen my new handicap I can now confirm that I will be washing my hair on a Tuesday night so will find it difficult to fit the Handicap Chase in :whistle:

I was at my max when you caught me! I was quite happy for you to draft me and it was only my complete lack of any remaining legs that stopped me working with you! :sweat:

Watching the video playback last night was interesting as I was holding you at about a minute until we hit the slope in the middle section. You closed the gap quite steadily then and caught me at about the half way mark. At that point, I gracefully expired! :biggrin:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'm still not sure if my last three rides (2 in BRVR and the 'Chase') have been flattering me with a big handful of Bkools magic fairy dust. I do restart the trainer once I have loaded the sim as a matter of course, which should eliminate that. I bet I haven't done my CG chances any good for tomorrow though, and, as usual, I'll be going backwards compared to the rest of the riders.

I wonder if I should implement @Whorty 's "Flying Start" technique.

perswe

Über Member
Selecting ghosts is another one of their features that bkool seem to have broken. I find it a bit hit and miss - usually miss - at the moment. You can try adjusting the rider fitness level to the higher levels only - that sometimes gives you some different riders to choose from

I think the thing with finding ghosts is about repeatedly tuning the "result" thingy, chosing new riders that appears, and try again. This works for me at least. So basically the definition of madness, as in repeatedly doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result...which in this case almost always actually happens. There is no science to it, it is just about a test of your mental stamina. So, it's part of their grand scheme , trying to wear you down...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I forgot how much I love both this forum and the Bkool sim. The handicap is completely bloody pointless as far as fitness and sensible training goes.....but it ticks every other macho BS, testosterone fuelled nonsense box..... I love it! Added two more asthma inhalers to my sons repeat prescription....if it’s good enough for Froome....look out Whorty...I’ve got you in my sights. As for you Tommy....obviously doping!
It's your fault, well more correctly your wife's fault, I'm on the inhaler in the first place. If she hadn't spotted I was having an asthma attack I'd have never gone to the docs. Feel so much better for it, and now others like @Breedon are joining me in my riding enhancing juice :becool: :okay:

simonsch

So for the record, BKool told me that there is currently a bug preventing firmware updates for old trainers, which will be fixed in the next release of the software.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I forgot how much I love both this forum and the Bkool sim. The handicap is completely bloody pointless as far as fitness and sensible training goes.....but it ticks every other macho BS, testosterone fuelled nonsense box..... I love it! Added two more asthma inhalers to my sons repeat prescription....if it’s good enough for Froome....look out Whorty...I’ve got you in my sights. As for you Tommy....obviously doping!

You forgot the snickers^_^ 4 for £1 in , err, poundland...

simonsch

Hah - I'm afraid I have to tell you (as an asthmatic) it really doesn't help unless you actually have asthma, in which case it just gets you back to "can breathe properly again"...

Top Bottom