Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
I don't want to open any healing wounds but just for the sake of completeness what was your time today @TurboTommy. If everybody can check their other times when updating the spreadsheet after todays session that would ensure I havent farked up when reorder etc.
If you cant update post your time here and I'll update for you

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
This could make and interesting BKool Bike and I don't mean the rider:
Kind of reminds me of my very first bike!

64c5eba7eeb20cfb99534501f8b54b84.jpg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
That's the plan, provisional Handicaps were posted last Tuesday night, after the race. Do you have a time for Stouby-Sejet? Or someone you think you could start alongside for an initial run?

Anyone else planning on joining in that didn't have a handicap last week?

View attachment 392399

Geoff
I'll give it a go at this handicap but it may need to change for the subsequent races :surrender:

Whorty

:laugh:

Hope it goes well...

Let me know how much you think I should cut your Handicap by? ;)
Happy to leave the handicap for this week and we can adjust it for the following week. Hard to say how fast I'll be until I actually do the course.

Whorty

Since I am now KICKR-less I have no way of starting a bkool session, so hopefully @BILL S will start the session for us again, at 6:50pm on Tuesday.

I'll add a minute to your Start Time as requested.

If you had a KICKR tyre pressure would not be an issue, but you would probably need 10 minutes adding for the extra resistance! ;)

Geoff
Now you tell me :B):eek::surrender::tongue:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Can I use pom poms? Pleeeaasssee :wahhey:
:girl::girldance:

You're welcome. Legs were tired from last night so wasn't expecting to last the course so thought I'd do a 30 minutes ride and see where my FTP may have dropped to. Just so happened this resulted in me riding with you :okay: I tried to give you as much draft as I could up to when I dropped out :cheers:
I have a tough time drafting. I tried to drop a gear when I got into the draft zone but my timing is off and I kept pulling ahead. If you can manage those same speeds and watts on the kicker it isn't going to effect your results much.

Whorty

I have a tough time drafting. I tried to drop a gear when I got into the draft zone but my timing is off and I kept pulling ahead. If you can manage those same speeds and watts on the kicker it isn't going to effect your results much.

There were some very noticeable differences between the Pro and the Kickr for me.

First very obvious difference is the blast from the line. On the Pro there is almost no resistance in the trainer and you can blast away and get a jump start. On the Kickr the resistance is high from the off so the speed increases gradually. Today, even though I pushed up to 750 watts off the line and held it for a bit I couldn't get anywhere near the wheels of anyone else. Gonna just have to live with this (in Zwift you can do flying starts so the difference will be neutralised)

On the slight lumps, the speed on the Kickr dropped way down when on the Pro the momentum going into the lumps was keeping the speed fairly constant so long as you keep the power on. Not sure if you noticed but every time we hit a 1-2% lump you easily pulled away from me, even though I was pushing the watts up to 350+. I was then having to work hard to get back to you.

As soon as you soft pedal on the Kickr the watts drop. Not surprising I guess as it has the power meter. On the pro, as watts are linked to speed, and the speed has the advantage of momentum, watts even out more and drop less dramatically.

Speed on the Pro is smoothed out. Drops in speed are gradual. On the Kickr the speed was going up and down like a cheap girl's knickers after 6 bottles of 'K'

Kickr is quieter than the Pro (not surprising). It also feels smoother to pedal which I wasn't expecting but is nice.

Standing up and pedaling on the Kickr felt more like real life and more natural. I really liked that - I could stand up and sprint, not something I found very easy on the Pro.

I was surprised by my 30 minute watts of 256. I don't generally ride two consecutive days, so given I did give it all on the race yesterday I'm really surprised that I held that power today on the Kickr. Not sure if that flatter style course flattered me or not. Be interesting when I do a more lumpy course.

Upshot is I'll be further down the field but working damn hard to get back up there again. I'm still safely in Team Beige but with an eye on those fast guys up the road :boxing: I've got within a whisker of them before, I can do it again :training::gun:

Top Bottom