Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Just done Stage 2 tonight and felt same, strange...
Good news is I was only 36 seconds behind you, bad news is you had done another stage previous to this :eek:

Only 36 seconds.
Go on into the last stage of a Grand Tour and that's a chasm.

I had to google how to spell that!

Grand Tour

Or should that be Grande Tour as opposed to a remake of Top Gear

Last edited:

JJRobinson

Only 36 seconds.
Go on into the last stage of a Grand Tour and that's a chasm.

I had to google how to spell that!
Errr yea thanks for that, I do realise that. I was by no means bigging my self up but compared to other stages that difference was a lot better. I then followed it up with the realisation that the smaller difference was because he had already done a stage.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Errr yea thanks for that, I do realise that. I was by no means bigging my self up but compared to other stages that difference was a lot better. I then followed it up with the realisation that the smaller difference was because he had already done a stage.

Noted.

I was out of context.

Folk often say that of me at work.

The same folk often say that the Customer is always right.
Well rollocks I say, the Contract is always right and bending over to Customer 'requests' will only set a costly precedent unless you were charging too much in the first place.
Especially when the Customer never invests in Warranty.

JJRobinson

Noted.

I was out of context.

Folk often say that of me at work.

The same folk often say that the Customer is always right.
Well rollocks I say, the Contract is always right and bending over to Customer 'requests' will only set a costly precedent unless you were charging too much in the first place.
Especially when the Customer never invests in Warranty.
Fair one lol...
I have on several occasions pointed out that NC team are in a different league to me and that is why I posted about my recent effort - to make it clear the level I am at. I will give NC a good go if I have to but honestly would much prefer you all to be in good health and be able to do it yourselves and I will happily just spectate!

Unfortunately though, if you need a reserve I am likely one of your best/worst options :wacko:

keithaitch

Veteran
Good news is I was only 36 seconds behind you, bad news is you had done another stage previous to this :eek:
JJ I think you are mistaken, we're only 36 seconds behind @perswe who had one of his climbing blinders on thursday and well ahead a of @BILL S and me so you are obviously the natural replacement should @CXRAndy not recover which we all, no doubt you more than anybody, hope he does. If you do have to ride, you, more than the others, will be getting all of my support, there but for the participation of JJ go @BILL S or I !!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
JJ I think you are mistaken, we're only 36 seconds behind @perswe who had one of his climbing blinders on thursday and well ahead a of @BILL S and me so you are obviously the natural replacement should @CXRAndy not recover which we all, no doubt you more than anybody, hope he does. If you do have to ride, you, more than the others, will be getting all of my support, there but for the participation of JJ go @BILL S or I !!
I second that JJ - a great reserve, stepping up when your country needs you :okay:

JJRobinson

Ahhhhh, thanks for that, makes me feel a bit better! I thought I had challenged @peterob so from that point on thought it was him. Even so though, that was just one effort from me and he had already done another stage previously so pretty good going I would say @peterob

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
You’re already very strong JJ and I have a feeling you’re only going to get stronger as time goes on bud. You made a very good case for getting in the team originally and we’re all really grateful you’ve stepped up to become 1st reserve :thumbsup:. It seems Andy’s participation is probably 50/50 at best so if I was you I’d prepare myself for the worst ^_^.

Anything can happen on the day but from my own perspective I’m putting fun first and everything else second!

peterob

Veteran
Thanks for the messages Bill! And for the tows Bridgy :okay:

I seemed to be loosing watts badly again whenever the road went uphill - let's see how it goes for the hilly stage! :ohmy:
Thanks for the messages Bill! And for the tows Bridgy :okay:

I think that comment of mine was made after completing stage 1 on Thursday and before doing stage 2.

I think I've only discussed it on the NC thread but I've been experiencing some issues with the turbo over the past week where it seems to be applying too much resistance whenever the road goes uphill and I loose a lot of speed/watts. That's what I'm pinning it on and not the possibility that I've lost my climbing legs! :laugh:. I'll be trying some things tomorrow to see if I can get it to work normally again (well 'normally' for BKool!)

peterob

Veteran
Ahhhhh, thanks for that, makes me feel a bit better! I thought I had challenged @peterob so from that point on thought it was him. Even so though, that was just one effort from me and he had already done another stage previously so pretty good going I would say @peterob

If you were only 32 secs behind Per on that stage JJ then that was a great ride and shows that you're fully deserving to step into the NC team if needed. :okay:

Top Bottom