Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Update from Bkool regarding the problems we had on Tuesday and Thursday races.

Firstly a new release of the Sim is due on Monday. Basically they have a back up server that only kicks in at times of high usage - and this happened on Tuesday and Thursday night. Because the back up server is being updated first, when it kicked in, it caused the bug of not being able to see each other's rides. We can't replicate the problem now because usage is low so the other server hasn't kicked in and mucked everything up!

The full release of the new sim is due on Monday, after which the bug shouldn't happen again.

Would have been nice if they'd informed users in advance of course.

Edit: Of course, knowing Bkool the update will introduce a few brand new problems instead...!

No doubt about the servers being overloaded on Tuesdays and Thursdays with 100-200 Danish league participants, and on Thursday also Bkools own live challenges on top of that.

At least they now announce it on their Facebook page, the day before "scheduled maintenance", and it usually takes place at 10AM (9AM UK), where it affects the least people IMHO.

Hopefully they don't introduce any new features in the new version but only bugfixes! None of the current website errors are likely to be fixed by a new BSim release, I guess.

perswe

Über Member
Just happy I picked the right week off bkool...I’m convinced it will work like a charm next week :smile:...

..or not

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Are you not doing League runs Whorty? Are you training specifically for DD now? I might have to start doing something similar. Nearly blew my head gasket racing to the line in my last League run. HR of 192!!!! Not wise.

Del C

Veteran
Update from Bkool regarding the problems we had on Tuesday and Thursday races.

Firstly a new release of the Sim is due on Monday. Basically they have a back up server that only kicks in at times of high usage - and this happened on Tuesday and Thursday night. Because the back up server is being updated first, when it kicked in, it caused the bug of not being able to see each other's rides. We can't replicate the problem now because usage is low so the other server hasn't kicked in and mucked everything up!

The full release of the new sim is due on Monday, after which the bug shouldn't happen again.

Would have been nice if they'd informed users in advance of course.

Edit: Of course, knowing Bkool the update will introduce a few brand new problems instead...!
I've been mulling this over since first reading it.

It's tempting as an ex-Network engineer to write some long post questioning how Bkool are going about this upgrade, but I can't be arsed.

The summary version, based on what they have said to you, is to say that their design and test process and their upgrade methodology looks pretty questionable.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Are you not doing League runs Whorty? Are you training specifically for DD now? I might have to start doing something similar. Nearly blew my head gasket racing to the line in my last League run. HR of 192!!!! Not wise.
I might do some league runs, but I need to do more than racing to get ready for DD. Plus I often work from home Thursdays so I'm ready to ride at 5.30 ish so don't want to wait until 7.10. I def need to get some longer rides in, and some climbing rides too as I'm determined to get up the devil this year!

Anybody doing rerun this morning?

Edit. Afternoon?

Yes. I'm considering taking on the Bkool software engineering department! :laugh::thanks:
Just went into the website to look at the ride and my dashboard page is messed up. After a few seconds it goes to a blank. Anyone else seeing this?

Edit. all the other tabs seem to work.

Edit again. Just on my tablet. Phone looks normal.

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
Just went into the website to look at the ride and my dashboard page is messed up. After a few seconds it goes to a blank. Anyone else seeing this?

Edit. all the other tabs seem to work.

Edit again. Just on my tablet. Phone looks normal.
Mine looks ok.

I have had a few redirections to the Dashboard page in the last week or so, having clicked on the My Activity tab instead.

Top Bottom