Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Ive been trying to get some real world miles in as it’s Sportive season again... the roads are shaking me to bits... proper back ache tomight after today’s jaunt.. the roads have taken a beating this winter up here and more from the East is on its way... :cold:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Oh. ....:banghead:

20180313_193756.jpg

peterob

Veteran
Thank you Pete. And thanks for the tow. I don't suppose I could get you to tow me closer to the finish line next time perhaps? :laugh:

Now I get a nice new outfit which I thought I'd never get and now I just need to find an extra 2 or 3 hundred watts for the sprint to the finish line :eek:
You seemed to be doing a fair share on the front Bill. I didn't fancy my chances in a 3-way sprint with you and AAAC so thought I'd chance it from a couple of miles out and see if you two would be able to work together to bring me back or not. When I saw the gap between you I kept going and was able to maintain the lead!

Last edited:

peterob

Veteran
The tyre makes a massive difference, :smile: but I think I've discovered something else which effects the performance. I've recently started to wear my HRM again and this seems to have given me some fairy dust as well. Sounds impossible but with bkool it's probably quite possible.
I find using a HRM useful with Bkool. I never wear one in trw.

I was hitting 170bpm on the run in tonight - I rarely ever get that high :heat:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
The tyre makes a massive difference, :smile: but I think I've discovered something else which effects the performance. I've recently started to wear my HRM again and this seems to have given me some fairy dust as well. Sounds impossible but with bkool it's probably quite possible.

You seemed to be doing a fair share on the front Bill. I didn't fancy my chances in a 3-way sprint with you and AAAC so thought I'd chance it from a couple of miles out and see if you two would be able to work together to bring me back or not. When I saw the gap between you I kept going and was able to maintain the lead!

More than a fair sprinkling of dust tonight.
I was watching the final time trial in the Tirreno Adriatico afterwards and that was a pan flat 10 km and we would have smashed them all 54.5 kph.

Other than that it was like a Stage 1 re-run with Fabian @peterob just riding away from me like I was standing still.
I must admit that I did hesitate a bit again thinking that I could get @BILL S to close the gap for me and that few seconds of indecision made the difference.
Before I knew it Fabian @peterob was 7 seconds up the road which fluctuated between that and 9 seconds until the end.

I spent quite a bit at the back today and only forced the pace towards the end trying to make it difficult as you both seemed too comfortable.
That obviously didn't work 100% either.

I see you are Elite 10 now @peterob, how did you swing that?
I need to average 480 Watts to go up to 5, I hate to think what 10 needs.

peterob

Veteran
More than a fair sprinkling of dust tonight.
I see you are Elite 10 now @peterob, how did you swing that?
I need to average 480 Watts to go up to 5, I hate to think what 10 needs.
There seems to be a fair bit of fairydust about at the moment and I've certainly been getting more than my share. The 'Elite 10' ride I had was a couple of weeks ago on BWC stage 13 - I got a huge slice of fairycake in the last quarter of the race and was putting out ~800 Bkool Watts which took my average to 549!

If I do an ftp test will it adjust my level? I'm a bit embarrassed to be shown as Elite 10 when I'm plainly not! In the meantime I'm expecting a pro contract offer from a top world tour team any day now :laugh:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
If I do an ftp test will it adjust my level? I'm a bit embarrassed to be shown as Elite 10 when I'm plainly not!
That's what I did a month or so ago, Just do an FTP test and hit an average output well below the Fairy dust level, and it dropped me back into team Red. .. Unfortunately I got a huge amount of Fairy dust on a MOAB ride last week and I'm back in Team Green, which I can live with. ... I dropped my FTP down manually, but that doesn't change which team your in. in order to 'change' that I have to hit an average power over 308W on a 30 minute ride .... but it won't change it down unless you do a 'fixed' FTP test.

Top Bottom