Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Only 4 seconds!! I'm chuffed with that.
Reckon we were drafted 'n' shafted Bill! :laugh:

AAAC 76C

Large Member

Infinity-saddle-crazy-reverse-saddle20140130_0843-600x400.jpg

Not sure if its one for our local club 'Buff CC" however if it wasn't for the rear centre protrusion it would have given them an additional option for stowing a spare inner tube.
That aside there isn't a shape of saddle that has not been conjured up with a claim of being the 'the solution' but as most of us know it is very difficult to find the perfect saddle for all individuals.
I can't see this working for me as I need pressure reduction where the sun doesn't shine as well as in the middle ground so a long wide centre relief section with a flat(ish) sit bone support like the Selle Italia Flow range is my current choice.
In the review it also say it's a 'one position' saddle which therefore won't suit many competitive riders.

BILL S

Guru
View attachment 399596

Not sure if its one for our local club 'Buff CC" however if it wasn't for the rear centre protrusion it would have given them an additional option for stowing a spare inner tube.
That aside there isn't a shape of saddle that has not been conjured up with a claim of being the 'the solution' but as most of us know it is very difficult to find the perfect saddle for all individuals.
I can't see this working for me as I need pressure reduction where the sun doesn't shine as well as in the middle ground so a long wide centre relief section with a flat(ish) sit bone support like the Selle Italia Flow range is my current choice.
In the review it also say it's a 'one position' saddle which therefore won't suit many competitive riders.

Only unconventional saddle I've ever found useful was a ladies saddle for very long rides. Probably way more effective than any strange cut-out saddles like the one above. Maybe not surprisingly none of the other competitors in the event seemed to agree. Bottom line I think is that narrow saddles are more efficient, more effective, and lighter, but there's no substitute for width when it comes to overall comfort. I've yet to put my ladies saddle to the test on the turbo but one of these days I'll try it and see if there's a power reduction compared to the standard saddle.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Only unconventional saddle I've ever found useful was a ladies saddle for very long rides. Probably way more effective than any strange cut-out saddles like the one above. Maybe not surprisingly none of the other competitors in the event seemed to agree. Bottom line I think is that narrow saddles are more efficient, more effective, and lighter, but there's no substitute for width when it comes to overall comfort. I've yet to put my ladies saddle to the test on the turbo but one of these days I'll try it and see if there's a power reduction compared to the standard saddle.

Why stop at the saddle! ^_^

882F0151-E516-48F1-B1EC-2C1FF1268C2F.jpeg

Del C

Veteran
Just re-run this months 1st stage. Can an Admin approve my time please?

More important than that, I see that AAAC has changed his name to AAAC (Saddlechat) !!

Hurrah! :notworthy::wahhey:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I'm probably out tomorrow night, so we can either run the Handicap in my absence, or would you guys rather swap with Thursdays CG and do the Handicap on Thursday? I'm thinking another Team TT with enough planning to hopefully get decent size teams.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
I'm probably out tomorrow night, so we can either run the Handicap in my absence, or would you guys rather swap with Thursdays CG and do the Handicap on Thursday? I'm thinking another Team TT with enough planning to hopefully get decent size teams.
Darnit....I'm dying to do a Team TT, but I have a Governer's meeting on thursday night!....and yes I'm as surprised as you lot that they took me on as a Governer. But it is only a Primary School.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Darnit....I'm dying to do a Team TT, but I have a Governer's meeting on thursday night!....and yes I'm as surprised as you lot that they took me on as a Governer. But it is only a Primary School.

Not so much surprised but seeing as it is a Primary School then illegal might be more appropriate.

AAAC 76C

Large Member

I can't make Thursday but I really enjoy both activities in the week however the TT is the higher effort for me so I would be happy to CG tomorrow.

That said we get a second chance on Saturday for CG so perhaps we should leave it as it is and just launch the handicap sans @gbrown but with his guidance on start times.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I can't do tonight either as have a hospital appointment

Top Bottom