Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rob01792

Über Member
well that wasn't very nnice
thanks rob for trying to tow me but i was a lost cause
might have to get the pro out of mothballs

its almost impossible if ur on a different trainer I tried it once on the neo then I thought never again it takes the fun away pro for bkool neo for zwift that what I stick to but saying that the pro is ok in zwift

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Ooof that was tough :heat:xx(. I miss my green hat :rain:. At least I had an excuse for struggling to keep up then.
And my tow truck was off towing someone else :cursing:. But on the plus side @bridgy and @peterob did a great job of keeping me going and doing all the work at the front. Thursdays aren't as easy as Tuesdays with only two days of rest.

2 consecutive days of rest??? Hmm... Looking at my Endomondo calendar that happened once in January, but not in February nor March so far. Guess riding in both Zwift and Bkool is a bit too much. Soon the outdoor season starts as well, and how on earth will I fit that into the schedule?? :heat:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Finish on the road

1) Brusgaard
2) AAAC
3) Rod
4) Pete
5) Bill
6) Bridgy
7) Bert
8) Del
9) Rob
10) Berty

I think that means that Team Blue won (Bridgy 3rd man home) but not really enough people for a TTT

May try TTT again next Tuesday, probably the last Handicap this season as the clocks go forward end of next week, so hopefully we can arrange a good turnout?
Sorry missed tonight, had to take HID to hospital. Hopefully be around for next Tuesday.

Del C

Veteran
I think Team Red need to meet up for a virtual TTT practice. :laugh:

We were only loosely acquainted with each other during the race. @Rod McG disappeared up the road at the start, leaving me, @bert1971 and @rob01792 together.

Then we lost @rob01792 on the second climb. From then on it was just me and @bert1971, except I kept losing his wheel on the climbs, although he was kind enough to wait and tow me along for a while. Once I'd caught him I did try to make sure I took my turn on the front.

Maybe next time we should try and ride a virtual 4 man tandem instead to stay together?

We were only loosely acquainted with each other during the race. @Rod McG disappeared up the road at the start, leaving me, @bert1971 and @rob01792 together.

Then we lost @rob01792 on the second climb. From then on it was just me and @bert1971, except I kept losing his wheel on the climbs, although he was kind enough to wait and tow me along for a while. Once I'd caught him I did try to make sure I took my turn on the front.

Maybe next time we should try and ride a virtual 4 man tandem instead to stay together?
Was a struggle to get some rhythm tonight but didn’t help me getting in at 6.40 :wacko:. Great effort though @Del C but yes we need some practice. :laugh:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool

@Del C you appeared to have some connections problems, which looked to be affecting your drafting.

Take a look at the second recording from 02:10 and you can see you disappeared and reappeared, then became very stuttery!

BILL S

Guru
2 consecutive days of rest??? Hmm... Looking at my Endomondo calendar that happened once in January, but not in February nor March so far. Guess riding in both Zwift and Bkool is a bit too much. Soon the outdoor season starts as well, and how on earth will I fit that into the schedule?? :heat:

It's an age thing Brushy. Not so much about performance but ability to recover from pushing ones self. You race twice or more in one day on a regular basis but at almost 55 I would find that impossible. I'd even consider Zwift as an addition to Bkool if it weren't for that, but only have the energy for one of them.

BILL S

Guru
I miss my green hat :rain:. .

Looks like I'm the only one that can see my blue hat. Everyone else sees my old green hat according to Geoff's recordings. This is along the same lines as us seeing our own name the way we've updated it (Cyclechat) where as everyone else sees (Team Cyclechat). Bkool seems to have royally screwed up something relating to our information updates :banghead:

peterob

Veteran
Looks like I'm the only one that can see my blue hat. Everyone else sees my old green hat according to Geoff's recordings. This is along the same lines as us seeing our own name the way we've updated it (Cyclechat) where as everyone else sees (Team Cyclechat). Bkool seems to have royally screwed up something relating to our information updates :banghead:
Yeah - I noticed that you seemed to still be wearing a green hat when I was drafting you last night, despite your Tuesday promotion.

It also has affected kits - other people are still seeing me in my NC blue kit, whereas it has reverted back to the standard one for me in my view :wacko:

peterob

Veteran
It's an age thing Brushy. Not so much about performance but ability to recover from pushing ones self. You race twice or more in one day on a regular basis but at almost 55 I would find that impossible. I'd even consider Zwift as an addition to Bkool if it weren't for that, but only have the energy for one of them.
Are you not commuting by bike these days Bill? I've found that since commuting daily, I recover much quicker from my rides. It probably took a year of commuting before I really felt that benefit.

But i do have a few years on you though Bill! :tongue:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Bkool seems to have royally screwed up something relating to our information updates :banghead:
Not just that. I reset my FTP Manually down to quite a low level (215) form what it had given me with a Fairy Dust ride. I've done several Rides with I.E over 1.3, and the FTP hasn't changed at all. It's still telling me I need to do a FTP / Session over 30 Minutes with an average power or 305W to get it to change. That's not going to happen :rofl: ... Well unless the Bkool Fairy visits agin

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I've found that since commuting daily, I recover much quicker from my rides.
I'd agree with this, when I commute, not as often as I would like since my wife has been ill, I recover much better. Although I do treat the commute as a Zone 1 recovery ride, taking around 45 minutes to do the full 8 mile route in.

Del C

Veteran
@Del C you appeared to have some connections problems, which looked to be affecting your drafting.

Take a look at the second recording from 02:10 and you can see you disappeared and reappeared, then became very stuttery!
Yes I did.

Not sure if it was a wifi problem or a broadband issue. I lost connection with the Bkool server for a short period of time, maybe 15-20 seconds, then re-established.

My connection to Spotify was also all over the place. I'd get about 10 seconds of one track playing, then it would drop, then re-connect and so-on.

I've changed my wifi system to a mesh system. I'm temporarily using that in the garage to replace the power line system I had, which had just become unreliable. I'm waiting for electricians to carry out some work at my house, which includes extending an Ethernet cable to the garage, so that will at least remove wifi variability.

I did speak to Virgin Media a couple of weeks ago about my Broadband and they are due to carry out work to address congestion on the part of the network I'm connected to. Cable broadband is much faster than BT or other DSL based systems, but it is a shared medium, so has to be managed to prevent congestion. This work was supposed to have been completed over a week ago.

I couldn't really tell what the problem was last night. It's not easy to localise faults when you're trying to hang on to @bert1971 's wheel! :biggrin:

Top Bottom